clutch problems, very low engagement point - dc5 with ORC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch problems, very low engagement point - dc5 with ORC

Any suggestions on what may cause my slave cylinder to poke out a 1/4 of the way when the clutch pedal is at rest?
    Another symptom I have is the friction point is currently "just off the floor" with the locking nut on the push rod (into the CMC) being set at the furthest limit?

(K24A3 with K20A2 gearbox, ORC 309D clutch and ORC lighten flywheel, K20 / DC5 CMC and SMC using stock clutch lines)

I've bled the clutch fluid and this hasn't resolved the issue. I haven't noticed any symptoms of a 'slipping' clutch, such as rev's climbing ahead of the speed travelling in a high gear under load.

Will a worn down clutch disc upset the offset of the whole setup causing this issue? Could it even bee excessively machining of the flywheel?

Butters, did you build up enouggh pressure in the clutch slave after you bled it? Also, give your clutch pedal an adjustment? Not too sure if the pedal adjustment woukd do anything though
    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

who installed the clutch? when? how many KM has it done? did you change the push rod yourself?

was it OK with the old clutch?
      ... retired/

Comment

did you bench bleed the MC?
        ... retired/

Comment

Thanks for the response guys.

After sometime, I can conclude that the symptoms I described above is due to, using OEM Thrust Bearing with the ORC clutch.

You must use the ORC 309D thrust bearing that should come with the kit.

OEM will not let you engage gears and from my experience, I was adjusting the push rod on the CMC to over compensating for the difference in offset of the ORC to OEM thrust bearing.
          Ultimately, by adjusting the push rod on the CMC, I ended up puncturing the internal seals of the CMC, which caused an internal leak.

In conclusion:
          - ORC clutch needs ORC thrust bearing (and ORC flywheel, clutch cover bolts)
          - Slave cylinder poking out due to different thrust bearing size

Whilst on the topic of ORC clutches, I found ORC to be more than enough clamp forces for our N/A engines.
          The double layered pressure plate is ridiculously stiff and uncomfortable for my weak legs, especially for daily driving.

Clamping forces were so strong, downshifts at the track needed to be very close to perfectly rev matched, otherwise my car was unsettled upon down shifting whilst braking.

But the floating disc design does sound 'hardcore'.

Comment

Working...
          X