Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EP3R Js Racing B Pipe sitting on chasis

Hi Guys,

thought it would be a simple exhaust swap over, changed from stock catback system to a Js racing system
    B pipe isn't aligned with the hump in the rail of the chasis for it to go under.. The Bpipe is actually sitting against the rail which causes my car to vibrate under certain RPM's (low and high rpms)

would anyone have any clues on how to fix this, never happened with the stock system i think that was because of the smaller diameter in piping.

to clarify things up...
    the left part of the photo is where my b pipe is resting shouldnt it be right in the centre of it to allow clearance for any movement?

Comment

are you running engine mounts??

Comment

Would slightly lower hangers for the mid-pipe help this? Or maybe trying to lower the exhaust manifold a bit.

Sucks for EP3/DC5 owners with aftermarket exhausts hey.. either rattle the underside or scrape the mid-pipe all the time :P

Comment

Had a similar issue when installing a friend's J's Racing exhaust on his S2000. We ended up using cable ties to pull the exhaust hangers to a certain angle to avoid it fouling against the chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by aRze View Post
            Would slightly lower hangers for the mid-pipe help this? Or maybe trying to lower the exhaust manifold a bit.

Sucks for EP3/DC5 owners with aftermarket exhausts hey.. either rattle the underside or scrape the mid-pipe all the time :P
            Agreed.. Running and aftermarket exhaust on a DC5 on stock height and still scraping !

Comment

Thanks for the input guys i was starting to think the exhaust hanger triangle one on my b pipe isn't sitting low enough might experiment later when I get home and uccy I have no engine mounts

Comment

Originally posted by aRze View Post

How would I run the exhaust manifold any lower?

Comment

Originally posted by RPH View Post
                  Thanks for the input guys i was starting to think the exhaust hanger triangle one on my b pipe isn't sitting low enough might experiment later when I get home and uccy I have no engine mounts
                  How does your engine sit in the bay with no mounts?
                  Troll sesh leggo hahaha
                  1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                  1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                  2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                  F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                    How does your engine sit in the bay with no mounts?
                    Troll sesh leggo hahaha
                    has none its a lemon lol

Comment

Working...
                    X