Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R handbrake useless

My handbrake is shit......

I did a motorkhana style event on Saturday and was let down badly by the lack of ability to lock rear wheels.
    I have always been able to lock wheels and handbrake slide other cars but I can't get a lock out of my Honda.

Can other DC5 owners tell me if they can lock rears at will?

I want to know if its adjustment or the car and ultimately if it can be fixed.

a working handbrake will lock the rear tires.
    Over time it will need to be readjusted!
    Read the workshop manual on how to, or take to a mechanic!
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

mine is so bad, that my car has rolled down 2 hills twice now, with me chasing it like a retard

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

I adjusted my handbrake on my DC5R as much as possible, and with the 8", 224 re002's on back i could still not get it to lock up even yanking it! I'd have to be doing over 40 to get it to lock up(ish)
        S2000
        WSID : TBA
        Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
        Smooth As Detailing
        Incar Racing

Comment

I did the EXE DECA day a couple of years ago, decided the handbrake on my DC5 is more or less useless for locking up and spinning around.

Comment

Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
            mine is so bad, that my car has rolled down 2 hills twice now, with me chasing it like a retard

Always park with your car in the opposite gear of its forward angle , so if the handbrake doesnt work or fails the car will rock but wont roll

Comment

Sometime on steep hills with new rear pads it rolls on me to thats why I have it in gear or park the car side ways from the hill

Comment

Originally posted by bennjamin View Post
                Always park with your car in the opposite gear of its forward angle , so if the handbrake doesnt work or fails the car will rock but wont roll
                yeh i always do, it was just twice on very light hills, I was stepping out of the car for just a second with the engine on, never again!, now im getting OCD about it, and sometimes go double check haha

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Hi M@lew. That's the one I did on Saturday. Was extremely well run and everyone had a ball.
                  My little silver Teg did me proud on the tarmac runs. On the 4 runs we got I placed 4th, 3rd, 3rd and 2nd against a good mixed field of cars. But on the skid pan, without a handbrake I may as well not have rocked up.

OK so its established that Honda can make a motor but not a braking system....

Does anyone have a solution to this? Otherwise its goodbye to Honda and hello to a car with a working handbrake.

Comment

Mine's the same. It doesn't do shit. Is this with all dc5's? lol

Comment

DC2's have great handbrakes, slide the rear end around is almost effortless!
                      S2000
                      WSID : TBA
                      Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                      Smooth As Detailing
                      Incar Racing

Comment

lies!
                        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
                          DC2's have great handbrakes, slide the rear end around is almost effortless!
                          So true. My mate think's he's drift king and rips a skid around every second corner. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Nathannnnn View Post
                            So true. My mate think's he's drift king and rips a skid around every second corner. LOL
                            wot a dikhed m8!
                            ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                            X