Anyone cut up a Fujitsubo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone cut up a Fujitsubo?

I wondered why aftermarket headers and exhausts worked so well on my cars...particularly the DC2R. I realised why when I swapped the stock system out and noticed the crush points in the headers, then the restrictions along the exhaust system. Interesting, but no surprise - manufacturing cost!

Well...has anyone cut up their aftermarket exhaust systems to have a look inside? You've bought your 3" exhaust, you'd expect it would be a 3" exhaust, correct?

Here's a few pics from NitroDann who did the exhaust on my DC2R, and recently replaced the muffler on my MX5. He recently did some work on a couple of Evos and had the opportunity to cut up a couple of Fujitsubos... Thought some would be interested in seeing the insides of a Fujitsubo.

https://www.facebook.com/NitroDann#!...1906763&type=1

Have a cruise around his albums...some interesting stuff there. The Borg Warner EFR build...that customer drove all the way down from Queensland!

Link didn't work or my fB is fked

Comment

Strange...I tested the link and it worked. Anyway, look up Nitro Dann on Facebook and you'll see his work.
      Last edited by Apu; 16-08-13, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Interesting.

He does some nice welds.
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Yup, he takes a lot of pride in his work which is why his customers will drive all the way up to Heatherbrae.

So it appears that all the baffles are there to reduce noise as opposed using bigger, packed mufflers. The outcome probably isn't as significant for NA cars but the FI guys pick up quite a few kW...makes you wonder why you'd bother paying top dollar for a restrictive exhaust in the first place!

Comment

Working...
          X