Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake Manifolds and Tuning

Hey guys,

Don't panic this isn't another "Which intake manifold is better thread", I promise.

What I'm wondering is if a tune (whether it be with kpro or flashpro or whatever) is absolutely NECCESSARY after installing a different intake manifold and throttle body. Obviously to get the most out of them a tune is ideal, but if I wanted to do it all in stages, am I able to have a intake manifold and tb installed, drive the car daily for a few months, and then do a tune a few months down the track? I don't want to end up in a situation where the car is running like a busted ass for a few months while I save for a kpro and a tune.

As always, any input or information is hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Your stock ecu should be ok. To be safe, you should reset your ecu after every intake mod so it can recalibrate idle protocols and the like.
    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

You will loose power and torque from not tuning, along with running super lean. Best bet is to save your pennies and so it all at once
      Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
      Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
      Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
      Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

should be fine, only difference i can think of is lean spike on different rpm range.

Comment

Originally posted by sleepingperformance View Post
          You will loose power and torque from not tuning, along with running super lean. Best bet is to save your pennies and so it all at once
          i would agree with that. because thats what i did. bought headers/exhaust, manifold, intake and krpo (with it already being mapped out) in 1 go. saves the time and effort of going back and forward changes u needa do in the future.

Comment

would this be the same with headers as well?

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
              would this be the same with headers as well?
              Headers dont effect afr's as much as what intake mods will do. You will be alright if you have done i/h/e but when you start changing throttle body and intake manifold, this is where the biggest changes in afr's will occur
              Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
              Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
              Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
              Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Headers dont effect afr's as much as what intake mods will do. You will be alright if you have done i/h/e but when you start changing throttle body and intake manifold, this is where the biggest changes in afr's will occur
                thanks mate, dont believe in intakes (), only exhaust/headers for me

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Working...
                X