This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob question: brakes

I'm planning to buy project mu brake rotars for dc5r Audm version, and so I'm wondering would it fit the stock brake calipers??? I was gonna buy dba 4000 brake rotors but the hub doesn't fit the Audm version dc5r? Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm all ears when it comes to knowledge

I sure the dba 4000 should be straight bolt on with your stock calipers and hub? Unless your hub is the jdm dc5r? Correct me if I'm off the line too.

Comment

Originally posted by Taoystar View Post
      I sure the dba 4000 should be straight bolt on with your stock calipers and hub? Unless your hub is the jdm dc5r? Correct me if I'm off the line too.
      Yeah that's what I thought too "straight bolt on" with no problems...

Comment

I think the s2000 rotors fit the audm dc5?
        sigpic

Comment

I am pretty sure Project Mu doesn't make rotors to suit the AUDM DC5R hubs/brake calipers (I could be wrong), however DBA does make rotors to suit the AUDM DC5R hubs/calipers.

DBA also makes rotors to fit the JDM DC5R hubs which I'm sure in your case won't "straight bolt on".
          Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
            +1

people often use these with audm cars for the jdm brembo setup.
            Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
              I am pretty sure Project Mu doesn't make rotors to suit the AUDM DC5R hubs/brake calipers (I could be wrong), however DBA does make rotors to suit the AUDM DC5R hubs/calipers.

DBA also makes rotors to fit the JDM DC5R hubs which I'm sure in your case won't "straight bolt on".
              Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
              +1

people often use these with audm cars for the jdm brembo setup.
              so to have dba 4000 is it a direct bolt on? by all means just a straight swap with the audm rotors on the dc5 ? getting quiet confused with the process. just wanna know before i order it in and it doesnt fit because i need few more other things to put it on :/

as for the project mu rotors i found some on ebay! hence why i mentioned it thats all

Comment

Probably best to ask your seller. If unsure that would be the best

Comment

Shak is correct, DBA make rotors to suit both the JDM and Australian DC5R, so make sure you're getting the correct ones. The correct part number for AUDM is 2500 (I've bought this myself a bunch of times), the correct one for JDM is 2508 (No personal experience). So for example for a DBA 4000 series rotor for Aussie DC5R you'd need DBA42500 with S on the end if you want slots.

It seems like Project Mu make an SCR-PRO disc to suit the EP3R, which will fit the Australian DC5R, part number GPRH131, from HERE

Not without other modifications, be careful of spreading misinformation mate .

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                    Shak is correct, DBA make rotors to suit both the JDM and Australian DC5R, so make sure you're getting the correct ones. The correct part number for AUDM is 2500 (I've bought this myself a bunch of times), the correct one for JDM is 2508 (No personal experience). So for example for a DBA 4000 series rotor for Aussie DC5R you'd need DBA42500 with S on the end if you want slots.

It seems like Project Mu make an SCR-PRO disc to suit the EP3R, which will fit the Australian DC5R, part number GPRH131, from HERE

Ah i thought so. Wasnt sure. Seen a lot of people using s2000 rotors on their dc5 so i thought it might fit. Thanks for confirming.
                    Last edited by Hau; 13-08-13, 11:00 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post

thanks chargeR~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you're awesome man!

Comment

People only use the s2000 rotor if they going for the brembo set up as its the same thickness as the jdm dc5r rotor.

Comment

Originally posted by Taoystar View Post
                          People only use the s2000 rotor if they going for the brembo set up as its the same thickness as the jdm dc5r rotor.
                          I think it's more to do with hub offsets and whatnot rather than the S2000 rotor being the same thickness as the JDM DC5R rotor.
                          Shak's S2000

Comment

You are correct Shak,
                            The only difference between the JDM and the AUDM front rotors is the hub offset,
                            Diameter and thickness is identical.
                            sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Yup your correct

Comment

Working...
                              X