Buddy club Spec 3 wall thickness.. confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddy club Spec 3 wall thickness.. confused

Buddyclub states this in their description with the Spec III cat back: "All of our mufflers are made with SUS304 stainless steel, 1mm thick wall material is used for main pipe. and the 0.8mm wall stainless is used for main silencer."

I've been warned that it's gonna be loud, but also been warned that the exhaust wall is thin at 0.8mm all the way through. But from the description, do they mean it's 1mm wall thickness for the entire mid pipe and 0.8mm for the muffler/axleback or the resonator? :s

It is loud. Very loud. I've had it on my car. The wall is very thin. Ive never measured the thickness so i wouldnt be able to tell you. It is very light. Its proba ly has light as a titanium exhaust. If youre fine with a loud exhaust then go for it. Make sure you get it with a silencer though.
    sigpic

Comment

You will find that the silencer doesn't really silence it that much, more just changes the frequency at which the sound is emitted
      Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
      Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
      Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
      Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Originally posted by sleepingperformance View Post
        You will find that the silencer doesn't really silence it that much, more just changes the frequency at which the sound is emitted
        That is true. But it doea help. Ive run db tesr on it before i got the headers changed and got 102dbs whether i did the test properly idk. But the car did get louder once i fitted toda headers
        sigpic

Comment

It's mainly the wall thickness i'm concerned about, as we know the mid pipes for the DC5 and Ep3 tend to kiss bumps alot. I'm just not sure if by 1mm thick main pipe they mean mid pipe and 0.8mm silencer means the resonator or muffler. Also they don't specify the inner diameter of the pipe, I've been hearing 65mm and 68mm not sure which to believe lol D:

How is the loudness compared to say the 70RR or a skunk2 megapower R 70mm exhaust?

Comment

From memory. Its 65mm. Also yes due to the thinner walls its quite easy to flatten the bbottom of the bpipe. The 70rr is probably the loudest imo. But ita not far behind. Id probably say thw skunk2 is on par with the spec 3
            sigpic

Comment

Bro, it's loud but no where near the 70RR. I've had multiple exhausts and one of them was the Buddyclub Pro Spec (or Spec 3, generally same design ... different material)(Pro Spec is lighter).

And it's definately 2.5in.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
                Bro, it's loud but no where near the 70RR. I've had multiple exhausts and one of them was the Buddyclub Pro Spec (or Spec 3, generally same design ... different material)(Pro Spec is lighter).

And it's definately 2.5in.
                Isn't the Buddyclub Pro Spec quieter than the spec 3?

Judging by this two links (Pro Spec) http://www.andysautosport.com/acura/...d00076514.html ( Spec 3) http://www.andysautosport.com/acura/...d00076515.html I would say that the spec 3 is lighter as it had no flanges and also has a small resonator.
                sigpic

Comment

I like the throaty sound of the buddyclub lol. I wanted pro spec first since apparently its not as loud as the Spec 3, apparently has thicker walls, but I can't find any confirmation on whether it will fit the JDM ep3 since it was meant to be marketed for the USDM EP3 Civic si avvording to Buddy club, and i've heard it wont fit properly?

I've always thought it was just the headers on the USDM EP3 that were different, but if people in the US are fitting jdm headers and swapping to jdm ep3 swaybars for them to fit those JDM headers, surely the pro spec would fit the JDM EP3 right? or am i missing something :S I can't get any confirmation anywhere, not even from buddy club

Stephen if only the spoon n1 you're selling came in bigger diameter

Comment

Yes correct the usdm ep3 exhaust will not fit the jdm ep3.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X