DC2R Camshafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R Camshafts

Been looking into camshafts abit lately. Looking at both Skunk 2 stage 2 and Brians Crower stage 2 NA.
    My questions are.
    What do you guys recommend?
    Are the power increase as high as they say 15-20 hp?
    How would i know if the valve train needs to be replaced for this certain camshaft?

Thanks
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

It would really depend on what kind of build you are aiming for. I'm not sure other mods you currently have but you'd normally want to upgrade the complete valvetrain to really make the most of the cams.
    I'm getting Buddyclub Spec III plus with my turbo build but for you it may be different depending on the direction you are heading

Comment

i'd recommend Toda B's + Toda springs & Ti retainers + Toda adj. cam pulleys+ Toda timing belt for an internally stock B18C7 engine with IHE & ECU
      Last edited by tinkerbell; 01-08-13, 10:31 AM.
      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
        i'd recommend Toda B's + Toda springs & Ti retainers + Toda adj. cam pulleys+ Toda timing belt for an internally stock B18C7 engine with IHE & ECU
        do you require a programmable ecu?
        sigpic
        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          do you require a programmable ecu?
          Definitely.

That's what Dave meant by "ECU"
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Couldnt use a piggy back system? I thought changing cams was a mechanical upgrade
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
              Couldnt use a piggy back system? I thought changing cams was a mechanical upgrade
              there is a direct relationship between the engine maps (ECU) and the physical properties of the engine (mechanical)

if you change one, then the other must change.

a piggyback is an ECU "tricker" and will not produce a very satisfactory result compared to a proper ECU that you can change the maps with.
              ... retired/

Comment

ok thanks tink
                sigpic

Comment

IPS K2's
                  Toda C's
                  Hytech
                  Blueprint stg. 2
                  Buddy club
                  Brian crower

Search this cams up one of the top stage 2 cams around from top to bottom

Comment

Originally posted by Taoystar View Post
                    IPS K2's
                    Toda C's
                    Hytech
                    Blueprint stg. 2
                    Buddy club
                    Brian crower

Search this cams up one of the top stage 2 cams around from top to bottom
                    hey mate, just a reminder that the tech forum has special rules, and posting up a basic list of K-series camshafts manufacturers in a B-series thread is kinda not in the spirit of those rules...
                    ... retired/

Comment

Thanks, I didn't know they where only build specific just for the k-series. Thought it was the brand with different parts to fit k and b series.

Comment

Working...
                      X