Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 shocks and springs recommendations

Greetings all. Bit of an essay here .. :P

I'm looking to get a set of shocks and springs for my DC5.
    Now before you say I should get coilovers instead I'll state my reasons for NOT instead. Admittedly I don't know much about cars and all this is just research based on the net.

I drive mine for daily and i will most likely track it once a year, if that. Occasionally a spirited run around Mt. Nebo.
    The reason I'm changing it is because the stock one is squeaking.
    Also I wouldn't mind lowering it a bit.. :P

Coilovers are what most people recommend. However after research I've been made aware without proper tuning and balancing coilovers are an absolute waste on normal roads and most of the time will make the handling of the car more unstable.
    Also it appears coilovers requires regular checkups since the bolts and nuts will become loosen over time.

In comes the shocks and springs.
    To me it seems there's a lot less hassle in regards to maintenance and performance of the car once these are fitted in.
    The tradeoff is they're less customisable. Not that I care.

Pricewise it seems they're similar price for entry level stuff ie Koni yellows + Ground control vs BuddyClub N+

My questions are..
    Any other shocks recommended? Everyone seems to be pointing to Koni Yellows. Downside is they reuse their tophats? (I'll most likely be buying new ones anyway) Is that the only existing part they reuse?

Springs ..
    Spoon progressive?
    Ground control?
    Recommendations?

If it helps I'm looking to fit a 17x7.5 +?? with 215/45?

Edit: Where to buy these damn shocks apart from Ebay? Not too confident buying it over the net haha.
    Last edited by arman; 29-07-13, 09:52 AM.

*moved*
    ... retired/

Comment

Working...
    X