DC5R - Good starting point for mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R - Good starting point for mods?

So i am currently looking at installing my first couple of mods on my dc5r, i would like to know your opinions of my starting point?

I am thinking of:
    - PLM headers
    - CAI intake, (is there a difference between using an injen intake and making a custom made intake instead?)

What other mods should i consider prior to even thinking of installing a Hondata ecu/tune?
    Also a lot i have heard a lot of people saying that hondata will make your car run extremely rich... is there a big difference in fuel efficiency between a stock ecu and Kpro? i don't want to be putting petrol every couple of days lol
    Please share your experiences with Hondata ecu

To save me heaps of time from trying out mod after mod, i would appreciate it a lot if you guys could share are a good set up that produces really good gains?

Thanks heaps.
    BBBBRRRRAAAAWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

PLM headers are a great bang for buck mod. You will need a catalytic converter as they have a test pipe. From the reviews that I've read they give great gains as well

In terms of cold air intake, Injen is probably your best best unless you want something like a gruppe m. Can you also elaborate more on what you mean by a custom intake?

I currently have Injen intake/tegiwa headers and a power getter cat back exhaust and I get 480-500kms from a tank.

Good luck!!
    Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Injen is Deffently the best gainer for your money.

Like itr said you will need a cat. I would also recommend a cat back as well.

The intake and exhaust system swaps from stock will give you your biggest gains without spending tonnes of money. The second you start doing more then that (internals) you normally need alot more supporting mods. But saying that what are you looking for? Planning to get max power and limit daily drivability or have moderate power and not have any difference to what you have now. Also comes down to taste.

My car does about 500ish per tank city driving and around 600 for highway. When you plant it allll the time you will see it seems alot more rich in fuel over stock. But over all 'normal' driving its the same sometimes better (if in hilly areas as less effort to get up them).
      Just going for a drive ~146.4kw~

Comment

Sure you can make yourself a custom cai for a couple hundred. But for an extra $100ish u might as well go injen.

Oh wait.. what about the injen supplied washer bottle.

Yepyep just go injen. No hassles
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
          PLM headers are a great bang for buck mod. You will need a catalytic converter as they have a test pipe. From the reviews that I've read they give great gains as well

In terms of cold air intake, Injen is probably your best best unless you want something like a gruppe m. Can you also elaborate more on what you mean by a custom intake?

I currently have Injen intake/tegiwa headers and a power getter cat back exhaust and I get 480-500kms from a tank.

Good luck!!
          By custom intake i mean same piping and pod as an injen CAI (sitting at the same position as an injen CAI - front bumper)
          BBBBRRRRAAAAWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Comment

From my experiences, an Intake/Header/Exhaust will provide 15kw extra ATW before tuning. So a stock DC5R makes 110kw ATW and after mods 125kw atw. With a good tuner using KPRO, you can get around 140kw ATW. And definately picks up alot from mid to high revv range!

Comment

Working...
            X