Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil light after Oil cooler install. Help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil light after Oil cooler install. Help needed.

Hey all,

Hope someone can help me out hear as I can't figue it out.

As most will know I have a K24A3 and running a Mfactory oil cooler kit with filter relocator.
    Hose size -10AN

Disconnected spark and fuel and cranked the engine to get pressure and flow the oil in the lines.
    Connected spark and fuel and turned engine over... had a few small leaks and had oil light.
    Fixed all leaks and started again. Still oil light.
    Put more oil in sump and over filled the dipstick (K24 dipstick) level.
    Still got oil light.
    Cranked the hose and checked for oil. heaps of oil in all lines and in filter.
    Filled about 5.7Ltr of oil and still got the light

I took the adaptor off the block and put a filter on the block and started it up.
    No oil light.....

So oil sensor seems to be working, I had pressure and oil flowing but can't figue out why the kit would give an oil light.
    Any help would be great.

you shore its all going the right direction? as in OUT goes OUT and IN goes IN?

can you draw a diagram of your hoses etc in MS Paint?
    ... retired/

Comment

but due to the pressure loss from all that extra piping, and relocation block etc:

you might not get oil pressure simply by cranking the engine @ 300rpm...
      ... retired/

Comment

take the sparkplugs out to make it spin harder on the starter motor
        ... retired/

Comment

followed this
          http://www.tougetuning.com/installat...oler%20Kit.pdf

we ran the motor for no more then 10seconds at a time to check for pressure

Comment

you have me double gussing myself now Dave...

I will double check tonight. You could be onto something there.
            After all I did forget to tighten then fuel line and had a massive leak when i did a fuel pressure check LOL

Comment

well that might not bne long enough to build pressure.

get a proper oil pressure gauge - you have VERY easy access to an oil port to test this!
              ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
                you have me double gussing myself now Dave...

I will double check tonight. You could be onto something there.
                i had a look at your pics, most of it looks OK, but cant see which way around you installed the lines on the back of the block.

(which is the most obvious place to get wrong!)

people have toasted their motors by not double checking that OUT went to OUT and headed on up the road....

one day it took me over an hour to get oil pressure on a fresh built block - ended up having to prime the rear-of-block oil passage manually to get it to show pressure...
                ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                  well that might not bne long enough to build pressure.

get a proper oil pressure gauge - you have VERY easy access to an oil port to test this!
                  Yeh where the oil filter sits, there is two ports for pressure and temp..

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                  i had a look at your pics, most of it looks OK, but cant see which way around you installed the lines on the back of the block.

(which is the most obvious place to get wrong!)

people have toasted their motors by not double checking that OUT went to OUT and headed on up the road....

one day it took me over an hour to get oil pressure on a fresh built block - ended up having to prime the rear-of-block oil passage manually to get it to show pressure...
                  Yeah I dont have any photos of how it was connected.

Comment

Here you go.
                    Photo I have of fitting.
                    Last edited by Timmy_B; 15-07-13, 04:27 PM.

Comment

if those directions are the way you eventally routed it - then you may have attached the IN port to the oil filter?

that would probably explain no pressure....

the centre port on teh block adaptor is IN and must got to the oil outlet side of the oil cooler core...
                      ... retired/

Comment

Yeah I think i know where I went wrong now.
                        I hooked up the filter abaptor first with the hoses and did the same on the block.
                        Looking at the pictures they shouldn't be connect the same.

Thanks for all the help Dave, glad its was a simple mistake and easy fix.

Comment

Working...
                        X