DC5R Engine Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R Engine Leak

Hey guys, I've got a DC5R that has been sitting for roughly 6months to 1 year.

There was a leak with the half-shaft seal, I have replaced it and the leak has stopped.

There was a leak in the Valve Cover seal due to wrong application of sealant after old owner painted it Red. I have replaced it and the leak has stopped.

Now there is another leak in a third location. I have been looking up, down, left and right. I cannot figure out where it's from. It seems like it's just above, or just below the headers. Seems towards the passenger side corner (near G.box). Does anyone have a clue what it could be? Or what to look for?

The clutch was replaced, so could it be that the Gearbox was not put back on properly?

Thanks

Maybe it could be that the rear main seal didn't get replaced during the clutch change?
    Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

do you not have access to a camera? or camera phone?
      ... retired/

Comment

Pictures would help greatly mate!

Comment

Yeah photos will help probably gearbox fluid?
          DC5R

Comment

Originally posted by jdmcreature View Post
            Yeah photos will help probably gearbox fluid?
            Oem gearbox oil is clear.
            Shak's S2000

Comment

Will post a new thread with photos and better explanation in 2 minutes. Thanks guys

Comment

DC5R Oil Leak Issue (with photos) Repairable?

Hey guys. Engine was de-greased and has been run for roughly 30mins with and without revs to see where the leak is from.

1. There is an oil leak coming from just next to the half-shaft where it goes into the Gearbox. Inside that little gap. It can be seen very slightly.

2. There is an oil leak from where the Gearbox joins into the engine. (Photo taken from underneath car). Clutch has been replaced, so i am assuming it was not sealed back properly. How is it supposed to be repaired? Hondabond? Gasket?

Comment

Threads merged.

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                    Threads merged.
                    Thanks

Comment

congratulations - that is NOTHING to worry about.

probably remnant degreaser...
                      ... retired/

Comment

and to be honest - i can see no leaking anywhere in pic 2.

(or pictures 1 either - maybe do a red circle around where you think the oil leak is?!?!?)
                        ... retired/

Comment

It was run for only 30mins. You cant see it in the photo but there is a small portion in gap that leaks slowly and grows if i go on a long roadtrip.

I don't think that there isn't a problem because engine oil has gone low for some reason.

Comment

please draw a red circle around where you think the oil is leaking.

where is the oil puddle on the floor?

maybe post a picture of that?

and how are you sure the oil level has "gone low" for some reason?

you checked it when? & where? & how? who checked it?
                            ... retired/

Comment

Will take better photos and upload tomorrow or the next day after a longer running of the engine. Then it will be visible.

Comment

Working...
                              X