DC5R mods help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R mods help?

Hey guys! i am new to this whole forum thing, well anyway i recently bought my new Honda Integra DC5R, and i am looking to mod it a bit, i am unfamiliar with the K-series and would like to know your opinions and thoughts on what mods i should install.
    At the moment the car is fitted with a high flow cat back.
    I am currently looking at installing the following basic mods:
    - intake (either short and cold air... not sure yet) in terms of sound which would suit the exhaust better ?
    - full exhaust
    what other mods should i consider?
    ...does anyone know a place in Sydney where i could i grab a really good deal, don't want to spend too much at the moment. BYP and JDM yard are good but are quite expensive :-/
    Please share your thoughts
    Thank you :-)
    Last edited by SuperMario93; 28-06-13, 11:15 PM.
    BBBBRRRRAAAAWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

A good cold air intake, set of headers and a kpro would be a good starting point. Get this combo tuned and you will get good gains. From there you can look at a 70mm throttle body and a RBC/RRC/RSP manifold then cams or turbo etc.

I personally would concerntrate on suspension, brakes & wheels/tyres before worrying about power too much.

Places in Syd I would recommend are JDM Yard, Ison Industries, Toys Garage & SAS Tuning
    Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
    Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
    Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Engine mounts. Its a must. Hardrace is quiet nice. Slightly a bit more vibrations than stock but nothing harsh. That is probably the first thing i done to mine and am i glad i did. The oem mounts are quite weak and are prone to breaking. And the other mods all depends on your budget. The basic bolts ons depends on how much youre willing to spend on a certain item.
      sigpic

Comment

Food for thought -

Ill recommend go with a SRI intake with a airbox (grumpe M/tegiwa). Injen system are good for noise, but for the chance of getting the motor hydrolock its not worth it. SRI intake drives better in the low/mid rpms.

Exhaust/header - Plenty of options out there. 60mm (most JDM aftermarket exhaust system are this size) exhaust good to keep the noise limit down and will suffice for k20 up too 150kw. Header wise PLM are known for bang for buck have seen these headers make up too 190 kw atw on a mild k24 setup. Good idea to do engine mounts when the headers are being fitted.

Hondata K100 or KPRO with a good tuned who knows how to tuned VTC properly will net better drivability and overall more power. We'ved tuned many many k series engine and hold records in 1/4mile and tracks around Australia take this recommendation onboard when your modding your dc5r.
        BYP Racing & Developments
        Built. Tuned. Driven
        Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
          Food for thought -

Ill recommend go with a SRI intake with a airbox (grumpe M/tegiwa). Injen system are good for noise, but for the chance of getting the motor hydrolock its not worth it. SRI intake drives better in the low/mid rpms.
          Where the injen sits at the end is still relatively high. I have always had that fear of the water in it but as long as you dont try and make a boat out of your car its fine.

Mario93, there are many different takes on gear but take your time and don't rush into them. Think of what your goal is for the car as some mods are crazier then others.
          Just going for a drive ~146.4kw~

Comment

I have the BYP titanium 70mm exhaust,
            pretty good for what you pay for it because of the power gain + it is very light
            downside is that its loud but sounds awesome on vtec
            DC5R

Comment

Working...
            X