Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5S Gearbox/Engine Mount

Hi guys,

Ive recently been getting alot of knocking and clunking in my car mainly can feel it in the cabin below the seats. Initially it felt like the exhaust was munted, got it checked and its perfectly fine and then I thought Id check the mounts as DC5s are notorious for crappy mounts. And I think my mount that connects to the gearbox (below the airbox) is broken. So I am in need of a new one.

Firstly, I wanna stay with OEM mounts due to comfort and not having to get hasports/innovative and not having to worry about it putting stress on the other mounts.

So, whats that mount called so I can get one?
    Where do I get one so besides the honda price tag?
    And how difficult is it to install?

Thanks guys

I would just say its the gearbox engine mount. If you want to stay relatively close to oem I would get mugen ones. Their pricing is fairly good and they retain close to oem feel. And if you think that that one is broken chances are the other one's MAY be on its way also. Changing them is fairly straight forward if you have some mechanical experience. A few DIYs are posted up so just search it up and you'll find it!
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Its the front transmission mount. If you are just replacing one, there isn't any harm in replacing it with something stronger than OEM or mugen. I doubt changing the 1 front transmission mount you will feel alot of vibration. Innovative mounts sell it at 62a I believe. Also I agree with eLtrix, if one is broken, the chances are the rest are on the way too. OEM engine mounts are actually quite costly and that goes for mugen too. I've had both and the mugen engine mounts are all the same rubber compound except the front one, which i believe is slightly stronger. You can search some USA websites or ebay. However I still recommend an aftermarket mount such as innovative. http://www.innovativemounts.com/Prod...ductCode=90640. In term of how easy is it to install, its relatively easy if you know what your doing. It is essentially elevating the engine slightly either through a jacking it up with a large surface base support between the engine and the jack, or if you have a hoist to just lift it enough to releave the pressure on the mount. All you do is unbolt it take the bolt out and take the mount out.

DIY - http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...=549754&page=9. I'm not sure whether he mentioned the front mount, but its essentially the same principle.
      Last edited by Norm; 16-06-13, 10:47 AM.

Comment

So it's called a front mount?

Is the innovative mounts rough? I've had solid mounts before and were the worst

Comment

Well your just replacing 1 mount, I doubt it will cause too much vibrations. I'm not sure how else to describe it to you because vibration and roughness are all very subjective. Suggesting to sit in someone elses car may not be ideal because they may have replaced all 4 mounts instead of just the front.

Comment

Its called the transmission mount. Was the word I was looking for but couldnt get to it till norm mentioned it haha
            Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

Comment

my car has knocking noise aswell, sounds like loose suspension and i had it checked and its not that........
              i had my gearbox mount changed less than a year ago..........

after 3 mechanics....one mechanic said its a ...shaft/hub thing?!?!?! maybe someone can enlighten this....
              he quoted me $750 (passenger side)...............=/
              AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

Could i be that the sways are knocking the headers? What sway/header setup you got running?

Comment

Strong thread revival.

Comment

Working...
                  X