DC5 start issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 start issue?

Hey guys, used to post as Jacob2094 in here but decided to start with a fresh username w/o my birth year in it before I got too into using the old account (Only made 9 posts)

Anyway, for the past two days my DC5R has seemed to have had a bit of an issue with starting. I turn the ignition and it sits there for a while trying to start and then the motor eventually comes to life. In some cases it's like the engine has had to cough to life and seems to really struggle. I had the car serviced 700 km ago, but I don't think the mechanic did a good job and he didn't even stamp my logbook until I went back and made him...

The car has a new battery in it as well which is only about 2 - 3 months old. I'm not the most technical with engines so I'm not 100% on what it can be. My friend in engineering blames it on colder weather and says my air/fuel ratio will need to be tuned but Is that really likely? Even if I stop the car and keep the engine off for 5 minutes and try to start it again it will still take longer than usual to start.

I took a video of the car starting, hopefully you can hear it I know my iPhone's mic didn't really pick up the engine sound.

Sorry for the massive description, but it would be a nightmare if my car won't start before work tomorrow!

Comment

I don't think it's because of the colder weather or because your car is in need of a tune. Especially if it is a stock ecu, the OEM tune should start with ease unless you have an aftermarket ecu with a bad tune to begin with.

How many kms has your car done? When has this problem started?

Don't quote me on this but I personally suspect it maybe a fueling issue.
      Therefore the following possibility may need to be looked at:

1.)A fuel filter in need of replacement - Generally replaced every 80,000km
      2.)There is something wrong with the fuel pump.
      3.)Injectors needs cleaning
      Last edited by poeter; 07-06-13, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Possibly a dirty throttle body and idle control.
        sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Sounds like injectors to me. Wouldn't hurt to clean the throttle body as well. Jay, where abouts do you live? I'm based in East Vic Park. I'm back from the 19th onwards. If you wanna drop by I could help look at it for you and see whether we can fix the issue. Private message me if your keen and i'll pass you my address. I believe, if it was a fuel filter or fuel pump issue he'd run into problems all the time and not just on starting. Even putting your foot down on the throttle would cause this issue if it was the case.

Norm
          Last edited by Norm; 12-06-13, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X