Camber !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camber !!

hey guys, so im about to fit some Eibach camber bolts. aiming for -2 degrees, but it seems on the specs of the bolts, the maximum negative camber is only up to -1.75.

is there any way to increase my camber to -2?

my guess is to shave off some part of the bolt, is that right?

otherwise, whats the best way to achieve -2? seeing as fn2, dc5 and ep3 run the same front setup.

thanks!
    Project TOPLESS

Some camber bolts can go higher than 2 like ingalls. They go up to 2.75
    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Or install 2 camber bolts on each side
      Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Do you have coilovers? You can get some camber tops as well to get a bit more camber.

Comment

Originally posted by lolwtfhai View Post
          hey guys, so im about to fit some Eibach camber bolts. aiming for -2 degrees, but it seems on the specs of the bolts, the maximum negative camber is only up to -1.75.

is there any way to increase my camber to -2?

my guess is to shave off some part of the bolt, is that right?

otherwise, whats the best way to achieve -2? seeing as fn2, dc5 and ep3 run the same front setup.

thanks!
          There's no way to modify the bolt to get more camber, the geometry of the bolt limits how much camber it can give you. Also I don't think you'll even get 1.75° with only one bolt per side, in general I've only got around 1° per bolt using Ingalls/Whiteline bolts. The specs that they claim on the bolts are meaningless, as it will vary depending on the geometry of the strut on the car they are fitted to.

Comment

Thanks for the hasty replies! So I can use 2 bolts instead of just one huh? Can anyone tell me where I can get an extra pair of camber bolts?
            Project TOPLESS

Comment

Quickest and cheapest way to get more camber is to lengthen the top hole in the shock housing.

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
                Quickest and cheapest way to get more camber is to lengthen the top hole in the shock housing.
                More info please!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Motorculture mobile app
                Project TOPLESS

Comment

Elongate the top hole of the strut to hub mounting. The more hour modify the more camber increase you will get

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Motorculture mobile app
                  sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Is there a specific reason why you want -2? I'd say -1.75 to -1.5 would be ideal for daily driving.

Comment

I'll let you guys know tmr how I go with the wheel alignment! ;D

Project TOPLESS

Comment

Can anyone help me find out what rims are on mighty car mods vw they called them steelies? Looked amazing :/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandros View Post
                          Can anyone help me find out what rims are on mighty car mods vw they called them steelies? Looked amazing :/
                          Da fug???

Comment

Lol, widened steelies. Gotta get them custom made, or re-barreled

Project TOPLESS

Comment

If you want more camber i suggest as charger has said another set of camber bolts. Im only running roughly -1.5 on the front and has slight poke. My wheel specs are 17x9 +22 on my dc5. I wouldnt go shaving the camber bolts either. It will weaken the bolts and may cause alot of problems
                              Last edited by Hau; 31-05-13, 09:08 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X