Malfunction Indicator Lamp - DC5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malfunction Indicator Lamp - DC5

So I just went to Top One to have my MIL checked. The light came on yesterday morning whilst driving to work - was just driving normally.

Dedy? pulled the code out:

74-01 MISFIRE No.4 (P030 CYLINDER 4)

He said he has never seen that before.

Did my service, changed engine oil, oil filter, gearbox oil, sparkplugs, all brake pads.

He has reset the MIL - maybe it was a spark plug failure.. i dont know. The plugs were 60,000km old.

There were no symptoms after the light came on - albeit I drove very conservatively. No shake, no smoke, nothing to indicate anything was wrong.

Will update to see if the MIL comes back on again.

Interesting. Definitely keep us updated.
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Faulty injector?

Comment

no real update to this.

Ive driven the car pretty hard and over quite a fair distance now, light hasn't come back on.

I'd suspect it was a dead spark plug?

Comment

well, 3700km's since the reset and service... the light came on again yesterday

FML

Comment

Reset the light, and then swap the coils around, say put the cylinder 4 one in cylinder 1 and vice versa. It's possible one of the coils is on its way out.

Comment

buy one of these:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Super-Min...item3a8295bd77

(this is for ANDROID)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vehicle-E...item43baea1d35

(iPhone.)

to pull the code.
              ... retired/

Comment

I was going to get it checked out today.. but miraculously.. this morning started up the car. The light had turned off by itself............

Comment

Originally posted by Kin View Post
                  I was going to get it checked out today.. but miraculously.. this morning started up the car. The light had turned off by itself............
                  it is supposed to, as the MIL only lights up a couple of times (i think called 'drive-cycles') if the code trigger is a one-off event.
                  ... retired/

Comment

is it worth still getting it looked at? they cant pull the code anymore?

Comment

From my experience, they should still be able to pull the code when the light has turned off.
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by Kin View Post
                        is it worth still getting it looked at? they cant pull the code anymore?
                        if it is no effort to get someone to pull the code, go for it.

if it is an effort/cost, wait for it to happen again... you have not mentioned any drivability issues? so no stress mate... the PGM-FI system is pretty sensitive these days, so it will look after itself in most situations
                        ... retired/

Comment

you can pull the code yourself usign a paperclip:

http://www.k-series.com/content.php?...ne-Light-(CEL)
                          ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                          X