Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC5R driver's side door won't close all the way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R driver's side door won't close all the way?

Hey guys, my driver's side door won't shut all the way. The car still locks and everything but when from the out side, the door doesn't close flush to the body work. Any ideas why this would be ? I dont have any photos atm but will try to get them up by Monday !

Could be that the car has previously had an accident and doesn't line up properly after repair?
    Could also be the door hinges may be slightly worn out, causing it to sag and the once closed not line up properly. This is common for idiots who put their body weight
    on their doors while its open.
    S2000
    WSID : TBA
    Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
    Smooth As Detailing
    Incar Racing

Comment

I dont think its been in an accident. But is there any way to resolve this issue ?

Comment

Originally posted by cwdc5 View Post
        I dont think its been in an accident. But is there any way to resolve this issue ?
        open the door then close its so its still open but not closed (if that makes sense) see if the door lines up or if it hangs low, then when you close it slowly see if the sort of 'lifts up' as you close it?

If its just sticking out a little you can adjust where the door locks onto, the little U shape metal thing the door locks on can be loosened and pushed in further if you must.
        S2000

Flippit Photography
        Smooth As Detailing
        Incar Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
          open the door then close its so its still open but not closed (if that makes sense) see if the door lines up or if it hangs low, then when you close it slowly see if the sort of 'lifts up' as you close it?

If its just sticking out a little you can adjust where the door locks onto, the little U shape metal thing the door locks on can be loosened and pushed in further if you must.
          Oh thanks for that ! Would you happen to have a picture of this "U shape metal thing."

Comment

Originally posted by cwdc5 View Post
            Oh thanks for that ! Would you happen to have a picture of this "U shape metal thing."
            I dont have a picture of the actual thing, but if you look at this picture of Shak's car i took when i was detailing it, the metal thing attatches to the door latch.

S2000

Flippit Photography
            Smooth As Detailing
            Incar Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
              I dont have a picture of the actual thing, but if you look at this picture of Shak's car i took when i was detailing it, the metal thing attatches to the door latch.

Thanks for that ! Would it be hard to adjust this ?

Comment

You can not adjust the lock (pictured) you adjust the striker on the b pillar on the body of the car. The striker is the loop that the lock pictured slides into when shut. I think it's a Phillips head number 3 size and should be tight. The plate of the striker (loop) should have markers on it. Just cheak the bump stops (round black bits in picture at bottom of the door and just above the lock) thay can sometimes wind in or out.

Comment

Hey guys, How do I move the striker plate ? The holes behind it are fixed..

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X