DC5R handling in the wet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R handling in the wet

Hey guys, was just driving in the wet yesterday and I notice everytime I floored the car in gear 1, the front tyres would just spin like crazy and not accelerate much. I'm currently running stock rims with Bridgestone MY02 205/45/16. I know they're pretty crap tyres but is it normal to much this much wheel spin ?

There's also a tone of torque steer..

Some feed back would be nice !

Cheers guys.

Yes. That is normal. You have to make a special effort to not hit over 4k rpm. Engine mounts may help traction issues though... maybe not in the wet.

Comment

Why are we even flooring it in the wet?! DANGERRR
      Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Ohhh dam.. I thought it would handle better. Can you explain to me why this is on a DC5R ?

And I just wanted to see how well it handles in the wet.. Not very well I now realise..

Comment

Originally posted by teee94 View Post
          Ohhh dam.. I thought it would handle better. Can you explain to me why this is on a DC5R ?

And I just wanted to see how well it handles in the wet.. Not very well I now realise..
          not sure if this is a joke thread or a serious thread?

but if you are serious - you might need to pay more attention to or question the drivers abilities rather than the cars abilities?
          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
            not sure if this is a joke thread or a serious thread?

but if you are serious - you might need to pay more attention to or question the drivers abilities rather than the cars abilities?
            Haha yeah it's serious. Sorry to piss off you experienced guys, but I was driving a swift and the change is quite different ! Only had the car for about a couple of days..

Comment

No car will handle as well in the wet than in the dry.

Basically the DC5R is like a crazy dog even in the dry where you'll still get plenty of torque steer and FWD + Rain + WOT will never get you much traction.

Then there is the talk of friction / rolling friction but I can't say that's my area of expertise.

Or you can just say your car is beast and produces so much power you can't keep it planted.

Comment

Haha yeah it's serious. Sorry to piss off you experienced guys, but I was driving a swift and the change is quite different ! Only had the car for about a couple of days..
                well you will eventually learn how to drive it and the problem you experience will go away.

with more power and a larger car you need to be much more skilled to drive in a capable manner.
                ... retired/

Comment

Sorry to piss off you experienced guys,
                  i am not pissed off, i am a Moderator and this is the technical forum, which has special rules.

if it was a joke thread, it would have been moved or deleted...
                  ... retired/

Comment

Drive to the condition. NOT to the ability of the car...

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                      No car will handle as well in the wet than in the dry.

Basically the DC5R is like a crazy dog even in the dry where you'll still get plenty of torque steer and FWD + Rain + WOT will never get you much traction.

Then there is the talk of friction / rolling friction but I can't say that's my area of expertise.

Or you can just say your car is beast and produces so much power you can't keep it planted.
                      If the dc5 is a crazy dog then the mps3 is a rabid, mangey cage bred pit bull bred for fighting

Comment

Haha thanks guys for the detailed responses. Much appreciated !

Comment

Working...
                        X