No announcement yet.

Clutch issues or box issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You gotta build up the hydraulic pressure again. The CMC has a 1 way valve to open up and draw oil from the clutch reservoir. You don't have to 100% stop the clutch fork from moving. Its recommended in the service manual if your doing a replace or if there is alot of air inside the system. Well, to my realization recently, I had to flush it ALOT of times before it built up the required pressure again. The pedal will initial get soft after you tighten and a few extra pumps should essentially build up the pressure again.

Comment

When I get back to Perth. I'll post up the video''s of my failed bleed and how it looks like from the clutch fork perspective and the correct clutch movement on another DC5.

Comment

Yep. Spent an hour trying to bleed my normal way (Open screw, clutch in, close screw, clutch out). Clutch had crap all pressure. Then had a read through the service manual and tried that method to bleed. Pressure built up and it feels a bit better now. I'll drive it for a while and see if that pressure is enough to actually properly engage my clutch.

Cheers Norm. You should have been here yesterday helping me bleed my clutch slave !!
        Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Hahah. Would of loved to help mate. Its a tedious job but once finished, the expression of relief is priceless

Comment

Originally posted by eLtrix View Post
            Exactly as tinkerbell says.

Quick question for you all. Can you guys hear the clunking noise when you guys change gears? Just say you are in your driveway and testing out your shifter, mine is quite loud when i shift gears. Was wondering if it is the same for everyone else.
            In comparison to mine, yours is quite literally twice as loud. It was the first thing I noticed when you first came over.

Comment

Working...
            X