Help with bumper fitment !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with bumper fitment !

Hey guys, I've tried searching everywhere for a possible reason why my DC5R rear bumper isnt fitting right. I dont know what happened but theres a good 1CM gap between the bumper and the rear lights. Im wondering if there are any clips that might have been broken in that area. Can Someone please help me out !

Have a photo for reference?
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

I dont have the actual one at the moment but I highlighted the car thats lose.

Comment

Have a look at your tail light brackets, they may be bent down or damaged in some way.
        Shak's S2000

Comment

Would you happen to know where I can purchase these from ?

Are there also clips that connect the bumper to the tail light brackets ?
          Last edited by tuannn; 09-05-13, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Basically, they're metal j shaped brackets that have clips for ypur rear bumper across them. They bolt to the body and the tail lights screw on to them. Check that they are not bent and the bumper is actually clipped in to it.

Also, in reference to your other thread.... of this is on a dc5 youay be inspecting... likely accident damage. Which could.mean even more complications.
            Last edited by DaRKNT; 09-05-13, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks DaRKNT for the comment. That really cleared things up for me. But with the clipping on part, are the separate clips like the one you find on the side skirts and etc ?

And thanks for the heads up ! Really appreciate the help.

Comment

Nah mate. The bracket has raised sections molded into clips. Think of it like a gap ypu shove the bumper tabs into. Ie:

TAILLIGHTS GO HERE...............................
                -------------------------
                Bumper tab slots in here

So the top part is the clip section of the bracket, the bottom line is the bracket, in between go the bumper tabs. And there are multiple sections like this on one bracket.

Make sense?

Comment

I believe, that taking a picture with your phone camera would do us wonders in helping you diagnose and fix this problem.

Comment

Haha i know this issue very well!
                    Go buy new headlight brackets that support your rear bumper and it should solve the problem mate.
                    I bet if your forcefully push the bumper up it'll give that nice 'clean look' but then it sags yes?
                    Don't bother bending the brackets back as the alloy of the brackets has aged and they will bend back to place within a few weeks.. just go buy some new brackets brother =)
                    Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                      I believe, that taking a picture with your phone camera would do us wonders in helping you diagnose and fix this problem.
                      Or taking it to a panel beater.

Comment

Hey guys ! Thanks so much for your help. You guys are right, I had a good look today and my brackets are bent and they wont hook up with the bumper. Would I need to take off the bumper to fix this ?

Comment

Originally posted by tuannn View Post
                          Hey guys ! Thanks so much for your help. You guys are right, I had a good look today and my brackets are bent and they wont hook up with the bumper. Would I need to take off the bumper to fix this ?
                          Yeah you will need to take the bumper off as the brackets are also bolted down to the chassis
                          Shak's S2000

Comment

Off with the tail lights too,mate. While you're at it... buy new tail light gaskets.

Also,don't forget to disconnect the license plate lights like my mate did. Don't want to damage those!

Comment

Working...
                            X