Kpro ECU options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kpro ECU options

So stumbled upon a good deal for a kpro but it's running a pnd ecu instead of the recommended prb ecu. From some research, the pnd is for the base model 5 speed. The difference between the prb and pnd is that the pnd has a secondary intake runner control and also no reverse lockout. The prb ecu is the opposite i.e. no runner control and yes to lockout.

Called the only kpro distributor (authorised) in Australia. I.e. revzone. Asked them if I can run the pnd in my type r with kpro and they said it should be ok. His responses seemed very vague so I still wasn't sure.

I can't seem to find the right answers so can someone tell me if those differences will affect how the ecu will function with my k20a2? And can I run the pnd kpro without any headaches?

Thanks guys.
    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

All those options will be in tjlhe kmanager program to change.
    I could have kept the pnd ecu with kpro but decided to get prb as it was recommended at the time

Comment

So if I had a prb kpro and a pnd kpro, they'd both function the same provided they're loaded with the same map or tune?
      Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

To my knowledge, it should run just fine - and afaik (according to random resources scoured months ago) you will have those options to tweak, enable/disable in KManager...

Are you in need of a k pro knobby? I thought your car was like mine - mostly stock?... big updates coming?

Comment

Hehe big updates indeed. Going to need a tune to run the parts I'm installing

Thanks dude. I feel more at ease with confirmation from you guys.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Exciting! In for updates!

Hold up! Do more research before you pull the trigger mate. I can't promise you that I'm right.

Comment

That's why I'd love it for many of the experienced hondata owners out there such as Timmy to weigh in. He was running a base model with a prb ecu. A pnd with a type r hopefully isn't too much of a stretch.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Maybe give the BYP/JDMYard boys a call?

Comment

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
                  So stumbled upon a good deal for a kpro but it's running a pnd ecu instead of the recommended prb ecu. From some research, the pnd is for the base model 5 speed. The difference between the prb and pnd is that the pnd has a secondary intake runner control and also no reverse lockout. The prb ecu is the opposite i.e. no runner control and yes to lockout.

Called the only kpro distributor (authorised) in Australia. I.e. revzone. Asked them if I can run the pnd in my type r with kpro and they said it should be ok. His responses seemed very vague so I still wasn't sure.

I can't seem to find the right answers so can someone tell me if those differences will affect how the ecu will function with my k20a2? And can I run the pnd kpro without any headaches?

Thanks guys.
                  im using pnd kpro works fine
                  k24 6 speed. in an eg though.

Comment

Working...
                  X