'Revamping' my headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Revamping' my headlights

I've got a 2003 DC5 and the head lights are a bit of a mess so I've decided to clean them up completely after one of my lights went out. I'm going to restore them to get rid of the cloudiness which is pretty intense at night, high beams kinda seem like low beams. Anyway I want to change all the bulbs so I don't only have one side brighter than the other which I often see but I want to try and get the best quality headlights without going with HID's and annoying people. I believe I'll need 4 H1-55W bulbs all up (correct me if I'm wrong) but any tips on what exact bulbs to go with in terms of brightness/quality?

Cheers

H1 is the correct bulb mate, I run piaa extreme white bulbs in my low beams, and I have to say I love em, nice white light and doesn't have that blue tinge you see in so many aftermarket bulbs.
    In my high beams I run hella xenon yellow bulbs, I wouldn't recommend them if you use high a lot, really designed for fog, not night vision, I just got them for that yellow look the bulb gives off in the day time
    Last edited by gunpoons; 03-05-13, 06:53 AM.
    02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
      H1 is the correct bulb mate, I run piaa extreme white bulbs in my low beams, and I have to say I love em, nice white light and doesn't have that blue tinge you see in so many aftermarket bulbs.
      In my high beams I run hella xenon yellow bulbs, I wouldn't recommend them if you use high a lot, really designed for fog, not night vision, I just got them for that yellow look the bulb gives off in the day time
      Thanks for the reply Are the piaa's available at Autobarn by any chance or are they something better bought online? I'd been looking at the sample lights they had at Autobarn last time I went in for something and they had them from a low yellow, bright white and then the bright blue which I too wanted to avoid. I barely ever use high beam or if I do it's for about 5 min also. Could I use the piaa's for both high and low beams? Or piaa's for low beam and silverstars for high?

Comment

Working...
      X