Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2 clutch creaks/squeaks

Hi guys,

I've got a DC2 with a fair amount of kms (200,000kms) and have noticed the clutch squeaks a little when depressed (not a huge issue) but also the clutch feels creaky/grinds at the very bottom of the travel when depressed.

This only occurs after driving for about 20 mins and disappears after until I drive again.

If I keep the pedal depressed and release it slightly and depress again it doesn't creak/grind.

The car is otherwise fine and in very good condition. No cylinders leaking, clutch pressure is consistent and no issues shifting at all even with the grinding.

Any ideas?

Could this be a sign of a leaking clutch master cylinder?

I've had this squeaking experience before too but I don't remember how it got fixed.
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

yeah, sounds like clutch master cylinder.

if you're going to replace the CMC, make sure you replace the CSC as well at the same time.

Comment

you can get the exedy CMC and CSC on ebay nice and cheap.

it is very common for DC2 at around 150k to 200k to need new MC...
        ... retired/

Comment

I did my clutch master and slave last year because it was leaking/seals were dead/squeaking. I got honda OEM and they weren't as much as I thougt, they were cheaper than OEM fan switch and thermostat.

Comment

Ended up just being a clutch fork that needed some greasing.

Comment

Yes I've had my clutch fork get squeaky before...

Just have to get someone to press the clutch while you listen around for where the noise is coming from in the engine bay - it's pretty obvious if it's just the fork.
              | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Working...
              X