Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi everyone, NEW to Honda cars as a whole, have some technical Q's for you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, NEW to Honda cars as a whole, have some technical Q's for you.

Hello everyone My name is Nick. I have just bought a 1990 CRX, the only things that aren't factory on it is the cd head unit and the crappy advanti 15" wheels.

I'm not exactly new to the whole car scene, after spending a lot of time and of course dollars on an S13 in the past and currently a resto on a JZA80....... i kind of got sick of cars that constantly need work to stay on the road and that aren't exactly reliable daily drivers/performers.
    The Supra has been great but the Nissan..... don't get me started.

ANYWAY, The reason i'm here is to ask you, who in this field knows a lot more than me about my car and about some things i intend to do to it in the future.

so here goes,

First of all, i've had some people who don't seem too into Hondas (however do have good mechanical knowledge otherwise) say that the stock engine in my car once passing around 210,000k's-ish have a tendency to blow head gaskets........ i know its a bit broad of a question to ask for an exact yes or no answer but can anyone elaborate a bit more on that for me?

Second, once i've sorted the Supra out, i was thinking of going down the path of a DC2-R/VTI-R B18 VTEC swap. from what i have seen on the internet it seems to be a common enough swap into my model of car. BUT i can't seem to find ANY indication at all on a price figure.

Now i am not by any means into the idea of doing a conversion "on the cheap" i myself fell for that in the past with another car as have friends/people i know...... and as a result i learned the hard way that going cheap never works out in the end.

So i'm basically wondering if you know a rough price or can point me in the direction of a quality honda parts source for a full half cut from a dc2, gearbox included.

Any help, comments etc are welcome and greatly appreciated. Thanks
    SR20 Fanboy hater

Originally posted by nickCRX View Post
    Hello everyone My name is Nick. I have just bought a 1990 CRX, the only things that aren't factory on it is the cd head unit and the crappy advanti 15" wheels.

I'm not exactly new to the whole car scene, after spending a lot of time and of course dollars on an S13 in the past and currently a resto on a JZA80....... i kind of got sick of cars that constantly need work to stay on the road and that aren't exactly reliable daily drivers/performers.
    The Supra has been great but the Nissan..... don't get me started.

ANYWAY, The reason i'm here is to ask you, who in this field knows a lot more than me about my car and about some things i intend to do to it in the future.

so here goes,

First of all, i've had some people who don't seem too into Hondas (however do have good mechanical knowledge otherwise) say that the stock engine in my car once passing around 210,000k's-ish have a tendency to blow head gaskets........ i know its a bit broad of a question to ask for an exact yes or no answer but can anyone elaborate a bit more on that for me? Depends on hows shes been treated, could be good for a other 100 000km who knows

Second, once i've sorted the Supra out, i was thinking of going down the path of a DC2-R/VTI-R B18 VTEC swap. from what i have seen on the internet it seems to be a common enough swap into my model of car. BUT i can't seem to find ANY indication at all on a price figure.

Now i am not by any means into the idea of doing a conversion "on the cheap" i myself fell for that in the past with another car as have friends/people i know...... and as a result i learned the hard way that going cheap never works out in the end.

So i'm basically wondering if you know a rough price or can point me in the direction of a quality honda parts source for a full half cut from a dc2, gearbox included.

Pay some one to drop in a B18c7,gearbox including labour around 10G

Any help, comments etc are welcome and greatly appreciated. Thanks
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Okay so around 10g including the price of a half cut or what ? or is that buying the setup from a supplier and getting said supplier to then fit it?
      SR20 Fanboy hater

Comment

Working...
      X