Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust why you rattle!?? ><

Hii guys

I am running a Skunk2 Mega exhaust and yeah its pretty loud, but just recently i have noticed that when i reach 3000rpm or around that mark the exhaust seems to rattle for a little bit which is really annoying. Before it used to do that but went away for quite a while but now it has seem to come back, would anyone know why it is doing sooo or how i can stop it?

thanks guys

A rattle as in chassis knocking or a sound as in when you back off? (Popping)
    1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
    1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
    2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
    F1 Nut

Comment

What car?

Have you checked all the exhaust hangers? Bolts are all tight?

Might be the cat?
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
        A rattle as in chassis knocking or a sound as in when you back off? (Popping)
        Yeah i think chassis knocking, soo annoying lol drives me insane haha

Comment

I had a mega power (60mm) on my DC5r and had no knocking whatsoever, are you running different headers or sway bar at all?

My ep3 mega power knocked on the curve above the rear sway bar although that disappeared after a few months as the part it was hitting wore away
          1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
          1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
          2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
          F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
            What car?

Have you checked all the exhaust hangers? Bolts are all tight?

Might be the cat?
            DC2R, I think i'll give it another check tomoro Felix cause i did a quick look before and everything seem to be tight, but i'll let you know

Comment

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
              I had a mega power (60mm) on my DC5r and had no knocking whatsoever, are you running different headers or sway bar at all?

My ep3 mega power knocked on the curve above the rear sway bar although that disappeared after a few months as the part it was hitting wore away
              Ummm i have DCsports Headers, and nah no sway bar. The rattle went away for about couple months even longer but now it came back soo just wandering whats causing it.

Comment

I have a feeling it may be a ripped mount set. Felix would be on the money coverinf bolts and mounts
                Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

So have you 100% isolated it to just the exhaust? Possible exhaust rattles could be,

1. Cat
                  2. Rear muffle hitting the sway bar. Check for signs of touching.
                  3. Inspect the hangers rubber that hold the exhaust in place.
                  4. Ensure all the bolts are tighten

If it isn't these, then it might be something else. Checked the engine mounts? Suspension components?

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                    So have you 100% isolated it to just the exhaust? Possible exhaust rattles could be,

1. Cat
                    2. Rear muffle hitting the sway bar. Check for signs of touching.
                    3. Inspect the hangers rubber that hold the exhaust in place.
                    4. Ensure all the bolts are tighten

If it isn't these, then it might be something else. Checked the engine mounts? Suspension components?
                    okay! thanks alot Norm

Comment

Ultimately, we can only give you suggestions. It would be a bad idea to check them individual and get back to us to start crossing out things which are intact.

Comment

Working...
                      X