Heater blowing cold air instead of warm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heater blowing cold air instead of warm

Since winter is coming up i believe i should get this problem addressed.

When i put the temp all the way to the right on the temperature knob (to the warmest setting), the a/c button is off my heater blows cold air. No idea why this is happenning
    What could be causing this issue?

Car is a 02 DC5R

Cheers,
    Fahad
    Have a read of my build thread

done a quick search and found this http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...3073213AAhOq4c might be one of them things mentioned. thats what a lot of sites say (thermostat/coolant problem) sorry couldn't be much more of a help

Comment

Well my temp lever goes no higher than the middle (normal) when its warm so it says it rules that out. My coolant is well topped up. I wonder if its an air lock then?
      Have a read of my build thread

Comment

You could try bleeding the coolant again, but it's unlikely for a large air lock to persist in the cooling system while you've been driving the thing around.

As a first step I would visually check that the heater tap, which looks roughly like the picture below between the motor and the firewall, is opening when the heater is turned on. Start the motor, with the temperature control on cold, and look at the tap while you get a friend to put the temperature knob to hot.

Comment

Working...
        X