Pipe between K20 head and airbox??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipe between K20 head and airbox??

after much research i cant find the name nor function for this rubber pipe connecting the motors head to the airbox feed on my k20 motor ??
    might be a noob question but i cant get a name for it on the internet

Re: pipe between head and airbox ??

Do you mean the breather pipe? Joining the inlet on the rocker cover to the airbox?

Comment

Originally posted by JUST VTEC View Post
      after much research i cant find the name nor function for this rubber pipe connecting the motors head to the airbox feed on my k20 motor ??
      might be a noob question but i cant get a name for it on the internet
      research 'PCV'
      ... retired/

Comment

PVC is at the back of and between alternator and power steering pump on k series engine,yet the breather pipe will do much the same job. If lost or broken just use some oil resistant hose cut to size.

Comment

positive crankcase ventilation is a *system* not just one item.

the PCV 'valve' might be at the back of the block, but the whole PCV system usually requires a connection from an area above the crankcase...
          ... retired/

Comment

The purpose of that pipe is to transfer oil vapours back into the intake arm so it can burnt off rather then "vented" to atmposhere.
            BYP Racing & Developments
            Built. Tuned. Driven
            Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Re: Pipe between K20 head and airbox??

It also should be noted that allowing it to vent or using catch cans which vents is illegal and will be defectable as it may not meet emissions standards
              Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                The purpose of that pipe is to transfer oil vapours back into the intake arm so it can burnt off rather then "vented" to atmposhere.
                no, i dont think so!

the *bad* vapours go back in on the internal side of the throttle plate.

the pipe attaching to the intake arm provides air to the crankcase... that gets sucked into the intake manifold...

NOTE - this diagram adds a CATCH CAN between teh block adn intake manifold (the proper palce to put it)
                ... retired/

Comment

if you have oil going up your intake arm - you have a problem!
                  ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                    no, i dont think so!

the *bad* vapours go back in on the internal side of the throttle plate.

the pipe attaching to the intake arm provides air to the crankcase... that gets sucked into the intake manifold...

NOTE - this diagram adds a CATCH CAN between teh block adn intake manifold (the proper palce to put it)
                    i think this is what happens most of time, what about on high rpm usage when there are big crankcase pressure? benson is right too i think.
                    blowby would get pushed through to that breather hose cos block is connected to head through oil drain holes.

Comment

Working...
                    X