• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket HU wire connector?

Hey guys,
    DIYing a headunit in the car.
    basically from stock to a pioneer one.

having trouble with the wiring.
    i've bought a harness off ebay and there seems to be a bit more wires than the pioneer one. wondering where they should go.
    I've just color matched every wire from the harness to the HU.
    All speakers are stock and I have no AMP.

The following photo shows 2 orange wires from the wire harness, whereas only 1 is avail. from the HU. Any ideas?
    IMG_20130301_120020.jpg

This next one shows 2 blue wires. The HU does have a remote control but something tells me it's not really related. Interesting note the actual male plug from the car does NOT have this wire connected. ie. I think it's pointless to connect these anyway since there will be no power going through them. yes?no?
    IMG_20130301_120058.jpg

This last one I'm just not sure I've connected the correct colors together.
    IMG_20130301_120123.jpg

Cheers guys

Re: aftermarket HU wire connector?

The pioneer head unit should have come with a wiring diagram or description of each wire. Grab a copy of the workshop manual and check your wire descriptions. Match them up from there
    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

That second pic of the blue wire with the 'remote sticker' relates to, I'm pretty sure, if you are running an amp, that wire connects to it to turn it on and off.
      If that is not to connected to the amp, you're amp will always be running and drain your battery.

Whats the head unit you're connecting and to what car?

Comment

Working...
      X