What sensor is this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What sensor is this??

Hey guys quick question, what sensor is this? It is a part of the throttle body but because I'm running a skunk2 70 TB theres no more plugs for it. The skunk2 only has 3 while the stock one has 4. Just trying to figure out whats the name of this sensor so i can either disable it or work around it???

Link:

Help is appreciated, cheers.

Link updated
    Last edited by eLtrix; 25-02-13, 08:02 PM.
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

I believe this is the missing one from the stock oem one:

Any clue what it is?

I think it is the EVAP purge sensor but not 100% sure? Just guessing
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

Comment

Yeap EVAP.
      BYP Racing & Developments
      Built. Tuned. Driven
      Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Does the EVAP sensor have to be connected or what? Because my skunk2 tb doesn't have it at all. Is there a work around it or some kind of custom thing I have to do?

As I can just simply disable this sensor via KPRO but just want to make sure if this will affect my engine.
        Last edited by eLtrix; 26-02-13, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Its there for emissions. I would recommend retro fitting it on since its a street car, unless you dont mind the extra fuel vapor smell from the engine bay.
          BYP Racing & Developments
          Built. Tuned. Driven
          Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
            Its there for emissions. I would recommend retro fitting it on since its a street car, unless you dont mind the extra fuel vapor smell from the engine bay.
            so it's for health as well as emissions....
            ... retired/

Comment

Hmmm bugger... I don't have the sensor at all... Wonder how I'm going to run this

Comment

The evap sensor can be turned off in k pro. The evap line runs to the fuel tank pressure venting canister. It is possible to disconnect it there and should stop/ reduce the fuel smell, the canister is at the rear of the car.Some turbo guys use that wiring for boost by gear and just block off or remove the line.

Comment

Working...
                X