6 Speed B Series (DC2R)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 Speed B Series (DC2R)?

I have done a quick search on a few forums but can't really find much at all

Just wondering wat is involved in swapping a 6 speed gearbox from AUDM K20a into a B18CR? Not sure if anyone is Aus has done this yet.

The reason i am asking is that i can get a DC5R box for a very good deal, and if the job doesnt seem impossible i am willing to give it a go.

thanks in advance
    steve

Not possible... unless you want 6 reverse gears LOL.

Only 6-speed option I know of is the Quaife 6-speed sequential :-
    http://www.autotech.com/quaife/trans...ns/fwd/32g.htm

....Which I think costs around $16K US

So it's cheaper to swap a K20A including 6speed in there anyway...
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Dont K an B run in different directions? I would think the imput shaft may be different and you would have to modify the bell housing.

Now what you want to do is put a K20A2 an gearbox in not only do you upgrade the transmission but you also get to upgrade the motor :runs:
      F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

The K series and B series rotate in different directions. K series goes the way most other manufacturers go and the B series (and almost most older Honda engines) rotate the other way. Maybe a diff change (loose out on acceleration) to gain better cruising under 4k revs.
        Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

Comment

as said .. totally stupid to try to retro a dc5 gb to a b series

but u can actually turn your reverse into a 6th gear =p
          i remember there is someone that offers that..
          Farewell TYP88R

Comment

Then how do u reverse?
            Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

Originally posted by Manny View Post
              Then how do u reverse?
              Get out and push the car?

Comment

Originally posted by hebe View Post
                Get out and push the car?

like a motorbike.. foot out the door

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

Some of the motorbike-engined clubman style cars use some sort of electrical motor or drive for reversing. The problem is that those cars are less than half our weight - around 400-500kg.
                  Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

Comment

Working...
                  X