DC5R running issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R running issues

So, my throttle position sensor isn't working (stored a code) and it's output regardless of my foot position, is 0 or 0.4 %. Also, according to the voltage readings of my o2 sensors, I believe I'm running rich. One of them floats around 0.6V while the other is about 0.8V. I've driven about 40 km and drained 1/4 of a tank.

What do you guys think? Is it caused by my TPS being dead? It looks like the o2 sensors are still functioning. Could one or both be dead?
    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

What error codes are you getting 'Pxxx'

Does sound like a dead TPS though
    S2000
    WSID : TBA
    Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
    Smooth As Detailing
    Incar Racing

Comment

Re: DC5R running issues

It's a p0122 low circuit tps. Older generation dc5 too since it's apparently different according to the shop manual
      Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
        It's a p0122 low circuit tps. Older generation dc5 too since it's apparently different according to the shop manual
        It could meen a number of things such as
        Faulty Tps,
        Tps not grounded properly
        Tps not secured down properly
        or at the worst damaged computer.
        Make sure theres no brakes or damage in the wires goinng to the TPS
        My guess would be a faulty TPS, maybe look into getting a new OEM one or a K-Tuned one?
        S2000

Flippit Photography
        Smooth As Detailing
        Incar Racing

Comment

Ran through diagnostics from workshop manual. Seems to be a dead tps. Need to find a new tb.

Thanks for giving me a hand Phillip. Do you think that's what's causing the rich condition ?

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Ran through diagnostics from workshop manual. Seems to be a dead tps. Need to find a new tb.

Thanks for giving me a hand Phillip. Do you think that's what's causing the rich condition ?
            Your TPS Should be about 0.49v @ idle, and 4.5v @ WOT.

Most likely its your TPS, they are adjustable maybe try adjusting it but if its 0.4v regardles foot position does sound like its stuffed.
            TPS can cause rich condition yes correct.
            S2000

Flippit Photography
            Smooth As Detailing
            Incar Racing

Comment

Completely irrelevant but maybe relevant as i had a TPS issue on my dc5 aswell. When i bought my car, my tps sensor was fucked (dunno how and why?), the car would go into limp mode when approaching vtec range. This was diagnosed by buying a whole new tb (refurbished from byp) with all sensors because no one wanted to sell sensors alone and + i was noob and didnt know i could get sensors from ktuned. Changed it over and have never had an issue since.
              Have a read of my build thread

Comment

0.4% not volts. Flip

And yeah I was going to grab a new tb. Let's hope it goes well

CW DC5R Build

Comment

0.4% not volts. Flip

And yeah I was going to grab a new tb. Let's hope it goes well
                  rofl sorry thats what i ment!

Yeah should be fine!
                  S2000

Flippit Photography
                  Smooth As Detailing
                  Incar Racing

Comment

Working...
                  X