Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought DC2R clutch problem!

Hey guys

I just recently purchased a DC2R in nighthawk black. drove 5 hours back to sydney, car was perfect when i checked it out except for a very small engine leak near the distrubitor cap which i assume would be the VTEC soleniod. the car managed to make it back to sydney perfectly and i have been driving it daily for a few days but yesterday i was warming up the car before driving and playing with the clucth in neutral when i noticed that the clutch pedal felt rough would probaly be the best way to describe it would be rusty?? (checked no rust lol) like the travel felt creaky? no abnormal sounds or anything. slowly through out the day as i was driving i noticed the friction point going lower and lower and now its about an inch of the floor when it use to be near the brake pedal. then when i was driving home i noticed the pedal feels very "dead" or easy to push in and the pedal to "depress" or come out very slowly. the clutch itself dosn't feel broken and there isnt any wierd noises or anythig coming from the car and it engages fine just the friction point is low to the ground. the car dose feel slighty sluggish now and dose not accelarate as fast as it should.

im wa thinking it could be my master cylinder/ slave but since the car isnt accelarating as fast thinking it might be my pressure plate? managed to drive it home with the low friction point but the sluggish engine has me worried not sure its a direct result of the broken clutch or not.

Anyone had any similar problem i cant seem to pinpoint it to one problem

cheers guys
Working...
X