Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GruppeM intake broken induction hose DC5

Hey guys,

Recently i checked my engine bay and realized that my induction hose has a rip on the side, i think this is due to the gruppem moving around from other posts. I'm going to order SFS induction hose but in the mean time am i still able to drive the car around without any dramas?

What are the results of a ripped inductions should i be taking it easy on the peddle till i get a replacement?

cheers

infusionz

Hot unfiltered air might infuse into hose.. I don't see any big issues though.
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

I guess as a temporary fix, you could tape it up very well to block the hole.
      I'm contemplating doing so, as I've discovered the same issue with my intake arm.

Comment

Re: GruppeM intake broken induction hose DC5

Samething happened to me a while ago mate. Just tape it up and make sure u get a new hose asap. U don't want dirt getting in!
        FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

GruppeM intake broken induction hose DC5

Same thing happen to me!im going to go with a custom metal pipe with couplers, Be very careful taping it, make sure it carnt be sucked in!

Comment

If you use a stock intake hose that is a common problem as the engine bay gets really hot. Ive got a tegiwa induction hose and its perfectly fine. Look into sfs induction hose for it. The gruppe m doesnt move around alot in the engine bay so its not really from that.
            sigpic

Comment

My stock hose broke as well, so I duct taped it whilst I was waiting for a replacement. Just make sure that you apply liberal amounts of large pieces of duct tape and that its strong enough to not get sucked in by the motor. The heavy duty stuff from Bunnings works great.
              Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

+1 For DUCK tape!
                Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

thanks guys for the advice

have put duct tape for now as temp fix where is the best place to buy a silicone induction hose online?

Comment

Working...
                  X