DC5R headlight lo/hi beam problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So im not sure if this is where i should be posting this, but hope someone can lend some advice regardless. Was cruising around just an hour ago due to boredom with my mate, took it to an industrial area to teach a friend how to drive manual. It was pretty dark so throughout the drive in the industrial area i had my hi beams on aswell, so after he pulls over and im about to pop back in i realised my driver side low beams (HID) isnt working and my hi beam isnt as bright as it should be. After trying to fiddle around and get my finger in to see if theres any loose wires, which didnt really work the hi beam on the driver side cut out aswell, now both driver hi beam and low beam dont work but the passenger hi and low work like its meant to be. Both the driver side headlights hi and low kinda flicker when i turn the lights on but just eventually stop so im not sure if its possibly a wiring problem...

Has anyone ever had something similar happen? maybe after installing HIDs? ive had the passenger side hid go out before, biggest pain in the behind to take it out and replace until i realised it was just a loose cable which after putting it back in fixed everything. However this time the driver side cables dont seem to be loose from what i can see and no clue why it would make the hi beams turn on at the same time. I am the worst at dealing with electrical/wiring problems so if any1 possibly has an idea or know what might be the problem please help.

Cheers,
    Dee
    "Some people say less talk, more action. I say more torque less traction"

This isnt an answer but If you want oem reliability get oem hids or get rid of your hids altogether, if you live in the city and rarely use you high beams I can't see any need for hids at all other than the rice factor
    02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Are they bi-xenons? Perhaps your drivers side ballast has become faulty and there may be a broken connection, does it flicker when you move the wires?

Comment

Could be a faulty ballast.

Best way to test is to just swap them over and see if the opposite happens.

Comment

@gunpoons: yeh i barely ever use the hi beams unless im going cruising to twisties and such, i was originally planning to swap them back out to stock globes when the passenger side cut out, but after removing everything to get to it turned out to be a simple disconnected wire so i thought, "k ill just plug it back up and keep using it". I bought the car with the HIDs so yeh.

@BAU53: I would not have a clue sorry, but that could be the case, it did flicker before when i shoved my fingers in to try move the wires to see if i cud get anything out of it so i guess ill have to take it all out and see =[ such a pain DC5 headlights

@JayR: Cheers will do, ill just check for any broken connections first like BAU53 suggested and ill swap them over to see if they still want to screw with me =)

Cheers for the tips guys, if it does turn out to be ballasts or screwed wiring that cant be fixed then ill happily go back to stock bulbs =), PS would any1 happen to know where to find those rubber thingo ma jig that the oem bulb sits inside of so that you can clamp it down into the headlight slot? i was missing both for low beams as the HIDs used something different.
          "Some people say less talk, more action. I say more torque less traction"

Comment

Working...
          X