Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XFORCE vs PLM DC5 Header

Hi fellow DC5 owners

I am frantically saving for an a/m header for my car. There's no way I'm going to spend over 1k for Toda and the like so was wondering what the best option out of local XFORCE and US PLM headers would be?

I can get the XFORCE brand new delivered to my door for $620, for those who aren't familiar with these they come with a preinstalled high flow metal cat.

I can get the PLM headers for around $450 delivered, however I'd then have to purchase a high flow cat, around $150, and pay someone to weld this into the test pipe, so this option is likely to work out a bit dearer.

Just wondering if anyone had any dyno comparisons of these two brands or could give me some advice from personal experience? The XFORCE seem like the easier and cheaper option but a lot of people have said they are crap.

The PLM's seem pretty popular but have to be assembled and cat bought seperately etc.

Please help me out with some solid advice as I'd like to purchase these at the end of the week.

Thanks

Anyone? The XFORCE headers also come with built in flex which I heard is pretty handy with Stainless headers. The PLM's seem to have the better rep though.

Comment

XFORCE vs PLM DC5 Header

I'd run with the plm bud, remember it is actually a copy of the ssr header, which is one of the best around, and has shown proven gains on many a dyno sheet, the same cant be said of the xforce right?
      Also thinking ahead, the plm will be 10 times easier to sell should you part out in the future
      Sometimes the path well trodden, is that way for a reason mate
      Just my .02c

Sent from snoopnugs ringer
      using Tapatalk
      02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Do a search for tegiwa headers, their toda reps. Mate has them in his ep3 and said their amazing
        Have a read of my build thread

Comment

XFORCE vs PLM DC5 Header

Also, do you have aftermarket engine mounts? And does the xforce clear the stock swaybar?

using Tapatalk
          02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

The Zen Garage CRZ has a full Xforce stainless system. That is good enough for me. If they like it must be cost effective and good gains. They will be chucking up a video soon so I can see how it sounds
            ClubITR: "Cruising 3-wide on the bridge like BOSSES!!" ~ crashprash

My FlickR
            My TumblR

Comment

XFORCE vs PLM DC5 Header

I can vouch for plm. Just go for it! Totally worth it in my opinion
              1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
              1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
              2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
              F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
                Also, do you have aftermarket engine mounts? And does the xforce clear the stock swaybar?

using Tapatalk
                No, do I need aftermarket engine mounts to install the headers? I'm thinking I'll go the PLM's and I'm pretty sure they will clear the sway.

Comment

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                  I can vouch for plm. Just go for it! Totally worth it in my opinion
                  Okay I'll go the PLM dnapol, did you have any issues with install?

Comment

Originally posted by BRACETDC View Post
                    Okay I'll go the PLM dnapol, did you have any issues with install?
                    I had them on my DC5 and installed myself pretty easily (DIY 18yo mechanic) but couldn't install them on my new ep3 as there's less engine bay space. GO FOR IT! Makes a huge difference. Just had mine installed on my EP3 and modified my dc5 exhaust to fit ep3 and it feels amazing again, transforms a complete car
                    1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                    1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                    2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                    F1 Nut

Comment

Okay so if I'm getting the plm's should I invest in a flex pipe?

I was going to weld the cat into the test pipe but maybe I'm better off putting the flex here so it's closer to the headers and get the cat welded into the exhaust.

Would the order of the flex/cat effect performance?

Comment

mate, while the flex would be a good idea, i'd be looking at doing your engine mounts first instead, the engine movement on stock mounts can crack most aftermarket headers around welds or hangers, and the other benefits that harder mounts provide is a added bonus

Comment

XFORCE vs PLM DC5 Header

Originally posted by BRACETDC View Post
                          Okay so if I'm getting the plm's should I invest in a flex pipe?

I was going to weld the cat into the test pipe but maybe I'm better off putting the flex here so it's closer to the headers and get the cat welded into the exhaust.

Would the order of the flex/cat effect performance?
                          The further back the cat, the less effective/ efficient it is. No need for a flex pipe. Get the cat welded into the A pipe and use a donut gasket where it joins into the B pipe. There is enough flex in the donut gasket for movement.

Comment

Just wondering with the engine mount upgrade suggested, would I get away with inserts like this: http://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/ENS-16-1110R.html

Or would I need to do a whole kit like this: http://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/INN-90650-60A.html

Also how hard are they to install?

Just haven't budgetted for this, this header idea seems to be turning into a nightmare!

Comment

Get Hardrace or Hasport engine mounts.
                              BYP Racing & Developments
                              Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                              STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Working...
                              X