Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those who have PLM/Kiddracing Header + cat. A Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a cat like this fine in place of the test pipe for the PLM headers? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160899862...84.m1423.l2649

The testpipe that comes with it is about 11", and so is this cat, but the exhaust shop should be able to cut the ends off to match. I'm more unsure about the o2 bung location, is it too near the core? most bungs i've seen start where the pipes straighten out, does it matter? Also did you guys get have any leaking issues at the slip joints, was thinking of getting it welded as i've heard a few issues on that.

Buy pre welded cat from byp, works the charm IMO
    1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
    1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
    2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
    F1 Nut

Comment

I asked and they wanted a around $385 just for the cat piece itself tho. I can get a cat for about $100-150 and get an exhaust shop to make it fit for $80-100.

Comment

They can probably move tr price - but for the extra 50 bucks I'll buy something that you know will work, right?
        CLEMENTE

Comment

Its a little more they 50$ but I don't usually doubt BYP's stuff; its just the cat they're using looks like any other 100 cell cat that can be gotten for $120ish, and with a quality exhaust shop, they should be able to fit it properly, which can also be another problem with the BYP cat since not all headers will be a direct fit with different aftermarket exhausts and would require some sort of modification. What i just need to know is if the o2 bung sensor position for the one on ebay is fine, or should I be better off just buying a blank one and let the shop do the drilling?

Comment

it doesn't matter.. because even if you get the one with the sensor plug and the plug doesnt work because it doesnt reach or whatever, the exhaust shop can still drill another one. tbh id go for what ever is cheaper. if it means one with no plug id go to a good exhaust shop and they will be able to drill it quite well. thats probably the safer option.

Comment

I might just go with this one then http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281028211...84.m1423.l2649, gives more option to place the o2 sensor, and it's only 8" long compared to the other 11" one. In the end, its as long as i have a cat (tho i don't think 100cell is legal?) and that my car doesn't smell like rotten eggs lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BAU53 View Post
                I might just go with this one then http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281028211...84.m1423.l2649, gives more option to place the o2 sensor, and it's only 8" long compared to the other 11" one. In the end, its as long as i have a cat (tho i don't think 100cell is legal?) and that my car doesn't smell like rotten eggs lol.
                na iv had one before on my old car. it is legal because the exhaust shop supplied me with one (if it was illegal they wouldn't have done it). also my car didnt smell

Comment

Originally posted by amee-reb View Post
                  it is legal because the exhaust shop supplied me with one
                  it would be 'legal' (thus likely to avoid the $10'000 fine) - but you would fail an emmissions test and have to change it to clear the defect...
                  ... retired/

Comment

I'll prob need a defouler too? Did you guys have any clearance issues with a straight defouler? should i get an angled one?

Comment

Get the angled defouler. The secondary o2 sensor will be too short if you use the straight one.
                      I'm using an angled defouler on my toda header cat. The defouler only temporarily stopped CEL appearing, unfortunately (untuned)

Comment

Originally posted by BAU53 View Post
                        I'll prob need a defouler too? Did you guys have any clearance issues with a straight defouler? should i get an angled one?
                        once again man. i had a hi flow 100 cel cat before. no defouler and it worked. no engine light. but if you already got it then try it without. if engine light appears put it on i guess

Comment

Cool, headers are on the way, just thought i should get everything so I can get it installed straight away. Might just get a defouler just in case since I can't seem to find any locally and would rather not wait another few weeks for shipping lol. The secondary o2 sensor only tells if the cat is going bad, it doesn't mess the A/F readings or cause the car to go limp mode does it?

Comment

Originally posted by UNA91 View Post
                            Cool, headers are on the way, just thought i should get everything so I can get it installed straight away. Might just get a defouler just in case since I can't seem to find any locally and would rather not wait another few weeks for shipping lol. The secondary o2 sensor only tells if the cat is going bad, it doesn't mess the A/F readings or cause the car to go limp mode does it?
                            na if it cant sense a change of air flow and emissions or whatever the cat is suppose to do.. your air to fuel ratio will get messed up. meaning your gana spend heaps more petrol and run less efficient. the cars going to behave differently too. as long as theres no engine light your all good.

Comment

We use 100cel or 200cel X-force stainless round body 6' CAT. We have made a jig up to fit these cat in the test pipe and are all stainless steel tig welded and relocation 02 stainless steel bung.
                              BYP Racing & Developments
                              Built. Tuned. Driven
                              Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Working...
                              X