Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Cleaning Recaro's + Interior

Hi Guys,

Today I got the chance to go about cleaning my Blue Recaro's. I did this by hiring out the Rug doctor from my local Coles for $40 for 24 hours, I didn't want to use any of the chemicals as I was scared that it may have damaged my seats, so i used hot tap water. My seats were pretty dirty and have accumulate human slime from the past 10 years, so it was about time i did something about them.

Things needed:
    - Vacuume cleaner
    - Rug doctor
    - Sunny weather
    - Water (hot)

The method:

Firstly you'll need to thoroughly vacuume your seats, carpet, mats and any other section that you will be cleaning with the rug doctor. This will help remove any surface dust on the seat/carpet/mat. Also, rinse the end of the upholstery cleaner with water because sometimes it may have junk from previous users.

When you hire out the machine, make sure that you get the upholstery attachment. Attach the vacuume section of the uphostory attachment onto the machine, followed by the sprayer attachment. This is easy as there are instructions on the machine on how to do this. Pour hot tap water into the bottom of the machine only!!

Now, to start cleaning the actual interior of the car, i started doing the seats first. To do the seat, it's best to start cleaning from the top, so if drops of water do drop onto the seat you can come to it as your progress through the cleaning. Hold the sprayer trigger and move in a direction working towards the bottom of the seat overlapping sections you have done while applying moderate pressure onto the seat, this helps give a good deep clean, removing all that human slime that has been embedded into the seat for the past 10 years. Repeat this method for the rear seats as well.

To do the carpets and mats, make sure you have vacuumed them really well which will help. Again, hold the sprayer trigger while working your way through the carpets/mats though this time apply alot more pressure than the seats. I found that using no chemical on the mats didn't really help that much so maybe next time i might look into using some sort of cleaner on them.

Here are some before and after photos:

Drivers seat before cleaning:

Drivers seat after cleaning:

Drivers bolsters before cleaning:

Drivers Bolsters after cleaning:

Carpet before:

Carpet after:

The Human slime coming out while cleaning:

The Human slime:

Over-all this is a really great DIY, gives great results and gives you that nice fresh smell in the car. Also want to thank Shak (Shakeel) and John (John_K20A) helping me out.

Thanks for reading guys!!
    Have a read of my build thread

Solid effort man! Thank you RugDoctor .
    Shak's S2000

Comment

Wow you can really tell the difference, nice DIY!

PS: I have the same tigers, best shoes to drive in

Comment

Originally posted by Oz Striker View Post
        Wow you can really tell the difference, nice DIY!

PS: I have the same tigers, best shoes to drive in
        Thanks mate, love heel toe'ing with them

Comment

Nice Fahad. Agreed that tigers are a great driving shoe!
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

I would have taken the seats out of the car.
            Way easy to work on imo

Comment

Originally posted by JORDS View Post
              I would have taken the seats out of the car.
              Way easy to work on imo

I did consider this too, but i honestly cbf'ed and im not too sure how to remove the seat. I agree it would've been easier but wasn't that hard with them in.

Comment

4 bolts per seat (14mm I believe) and on drivers side a seat belt plug
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                  4 bolts per seat (14mm I believe) and on drivers side a seat belt plug

I'll keep this in mind for next time i clean them or take them out, cheers Alex!

Comment

Nice DIY. Does anyone have any products/cleaners they'd recommend to clean the Recaros? I've heard of Woolite and other gentle laundry detergents being mentioned before.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                      Nice DIY. Does anyone have any products/cleaners they'd recommend to clean the Recaros? I've heard of Woolite and other gentle laundry detergents being mentioned before.
                      Thanks mate! There's a YouTube video of a guy showing how he cleans his sr3 recaros using woolite.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                        Woolite is good, but i used "softly" to clean my old red recaro's that were so dirty! Real easy pm me if u wonna know how !

Great DIY
                        sigpic

Comment

I used Woolite to clean my Recaros as I read that was the best product to use.
                          I had purchased it from USA foods in East Moorabin , VIC for roughly $9 a bottle.

I found that the black surface stains / marks were removed with only the use of a warm wet towel and a bucket method.

I was under the impression that Woolite was a stain remover, which its not. The woolite gave no visible benefit, however I believe it may have killed the bacteria in the fabric that sat underneath the surface that may have been causing any odors.

@Charger, if you want to use some Woolite, you can use my bottle. I only used at most a 1/4 of the bottle to clean both my seats.

Comment

im looking for to clean my recaros too. does anyone recommend steam cleaning with a water plus woolite or some other fabric cleaner product mix?

ps:is a rug docter the same as a steam cleaner?

Comment

Originally posted by amee-reb View Post
                              im looking for to clean my recaros too. does anyone recommend steam cleaning with a water plus woolite or some other fabric cleaner product mix?

ps:is a rug docter the same as a steam cleaner?
                              I'm not to sure about using woolite mixed with water in a steam cleaner because I've read alot of tutorials where people have used like a number of cloths and water for this.

No, the rug doctor is basically a wet and dry vacuume. All it does is that it sprays water while lifting that suspended dirt into the vacuume, hence why i didn't call my thread "steam cleaning" but yeh i think they do the same thing though. Hope this helps! If you need help cleaning your seats and your around western sydney i can always help!

Comment

Working...
                              X