Removing the front lip (DC5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing the front lip (DC5)

Any tips on what I can do to remove the front lip a bit easier?

Long story short I hit a fox, entire left side of the lip has 'ripped off' and cracked in the middle, right side I unscrewed it but it's still bolted on underneath and on the right there's still something bolted into the bumper.

Will I need to jack up the car to get to the bolt with a spanner? I've already ordered a replacement lip but getting this one off as clean as possible is the goal now - thanks for the replies!

You gotta get under the front bar to undo the bolts. Remember to use jack stands.

Comment

So jack it up on both sides, slip the stands under front of the car and undo the bolt that way?

Rather than open another thread in regards to my new lip I'll be attaching would it be stable if I screwed it in where the old one was in the wheel cavity and attached the middle of it with 3M tape? Cheers!

Comment

Slip the stands under the jacking points just behind the front wheels. Undo the bolts that are holding up the lip to the from bar. By memory I think they are 10 or 12 mm. There is a screw or 2 attached to the quarter panel too i think

Your new lip should bolt on exactly the same as your old one

Comment

You do not necassarily have to jack up the car if you are at stock height. i use to take my front bar off all the time without it jacked up. they are a 10mm bolt and i think there are about 5-6 bolts. As max has said youre better off jacking it up if you dont know what youre doing but its simple.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
            You do not necassarily have to jack up the car if you are at stock height. i use to take my front bar off all the time without it jacked up. they are a 10mm bolt and i think there are about 5-6 bolts. As max has said youre better off jacking it up if you dont know what youre doing but its simple.
            i agree! stock height u do not need to jack up the car at all there should be jst 5-7 bolts or so cnt remember exactly. My car is lowered and I do not need to jack up the car to remove my bumper. Just feel for the bolts and take them out and your bumper should just come off with a gentle tug. =]

Comment

I hit a fox so there was a bit of damage, what I did so far:
              Right side: Ripped off, screws ripped out and completely hanging off
              Left side: Undid screws, held on by a bolt under the lip that I'm finding hard to get to

I'll try again tomorrow and see what I can do, thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
              X