DIY: Strut King Pedals Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY: Strut King Pedals Install

Hey guys bored right now so i thought i try and make a simple DIY guide. For those that don’t know, these are replicas of the optional pedals for the JDM DC2R.

Exactly the same design but instead of replacing the whole assembly like the original, you just need to replace the covers and they cost a fraction of the price

This guide for a DC2 but the process should be similar for other models

Tools Needed:
    - Philips screwdriver
    - flathead screwdriver
    - Power drill
    - drill bit (supplied)
    - 9/32 wrench
    - Towel/cloth

1) Strut King provides all the necessary screws, nuts and drill bit for you already. This is what the packaging looks like. (It also includes a deadrest but I didn’t install it)

2) (OPTIONAL) As you can see the gas pedal didn’t come with the rubber inserts and in my opinion looks kinda ugly and did not look like the original. You can get a black backing of some sort such as from a notebook, black paper, etc and trace the shape of the gas pedal. Cut it out then place it behind the cover.

3) Remove the rubber pedal covers for the clutch and brake pedals. Pretty straight forward as they just stretch over the metal bit underneath. For the gas pedal, use a flathead screwdriver to pray the clip on the top holding the cover in place. Then simply slide the cover down.

4) Place a towel/cloth under your pedals to catch the metal shreds. Start with the gas pedal. Place the pedal cover with the black backing inside over the stock gas pedal. Position how you want it and drill through a screw hole. Take a screw and screw it into the hole with the philips screwdriver to hold the cover in place. Repeat till all 4 screws are in tightly.

5) Do the same steps for the clutch and brake pedals. However these pedals have locking nuts to tighten them. After you drill the holes, use a 9/32 wrench to hold the nut behind and use your other hand to screw it in place. Repeat till all 3 screws per pedal are in tightly.

6) What the finish product looks like… JDM bling yo!

Before

After

Disclaimer
    Neither myself nor Clubitr take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!
    Last edited by DTN; 29-09-12, 03:05 PM.

Looks like a big improvement. I didn't realise that the pedals were an option - they were on mine when I bought it.
    1988 CRX
    1999 Integra Type R
    2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Working...
    X