Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AEM ecu for B18C

Hey,
    Been a while since I've been on here, but looking at getting the ek out of the shed again!

Just wondering does anyone run aem ecus and can anyone in oz tune them?
    What are they like to work with?

I know the yanks love them but wasn't sure if anybody on here uses them. I did some searching but with no luck

Thanks Scott

they are fucked, dont use one.
    ... retired/

Comment

Oh ok. How come all the fellas with big hp run them in the US?
      Thought they may have been alright cause you can run the coil packs with them and what not

Comment

Jim80y had one before. I'll ask him to chime in.
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
          Jim80y had one before. I'll ask him to chime in.
          yep, bought jim80ys one, installed in ITR, the tuning software is terrible, GREAT features, just terrible to tune...

for tuning - "practice makes perfect" - i am sure there are USA guys who can tune AEM blind folded, but who in Australia sells them and tunes them? you tell me???

but with such awesome product with simple interface, why even consider anything besides an S300?

we thought the AEM was good 'value' but did not realise how much a problem it would be...
          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by atmoek View Post
            Oh ok. How come all the fellas with big hp run them in the US?
            Thought they may have been alright cause you can run the coil packs with them and what not
            coil packs? big HP? in Australia?

MOTEC
            ... retired/

Comment

Agree to an extent with tinkerbell - features were awesome (most of which you probably don't need to use), software I thought was ok. Finding a tuner who could tune it well was a problem initially - there were a couple of Supra guys looking at flying in an AEM tuner from the States and I was going to use him, but was happy with my final tune in the end.

If I had the choice again, on a budget I'd go Hondata, otherwise I'd go Haltech.
              ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

Thanks for the replies think I might look more into the hondata

Comment

Working...
                X