Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn Sqeeling noise

hey all

i have noticed that when i hit the throttle i get this sqeeling noise, i have a dc2r with only a MUGEN intake kit fitted, the rest of the car is stock. the noise was ther when i had the stock intake on there too.

any ideas on what it is and how to shut it up?

cheers
    Last edited by AKS200; 19-12-06, 09:51 PM. Reason: change heading

its the intake... common issue... sounds cute too... LOL
    http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

it's normal dude... most intakes, if not all intakes squeel a "cute" whistle!

Originally posted by ChargeR
      Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

He said the noise was there too with his stock intake and AFAIK stock intake doesn't product any sounds like sound like the mugen box one...

Comment

as "hebe" pointed out, it was there when i had the stock intake but not as evident. it only happens when i touch the peddle but when i push the peddle more, it stops.

CUTE: screw that

Comment

^ sounds exactly like a mugen intake...
            http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

It's the sound of the air going past the throttle butterfly - if you've ever part-opened the throttle with no intake arm attached you'll hear it! haha
              | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

so its nothing to be worried about?

Comment

yes

Comment

Originally posted by AKS200 View Post
                    so its nothing to be worried about?
                    Well air *should* be rushing past your throttle butterfly so I would hope it's alright!
                    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

when i was full stock, no "squeal" or "whistle" sound...
                      when i changed just the air filter to a Trust drop-in in stock box, it started whistling...
                      when i got Mugen CAI, definitely whistles...

so maybe before u got the mugen, u had an aftermarket filter in there?

Comment

Working...
                      X