Petrol::V-Power Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petrol::V-Power Racing

Well a few days back i went to fill up the car, and noticed they had 100 octane on offer. So i pumped it in.

After paying, i come out to read that it contains ethanol, Will this do any damage to the car?

Any information appreciated!!!

Not as far as i am aware, this is the only fule i run my car on if i can, occasionally i have to use ultimate tho due to not many servo's having v-power racing.

I have used it since its release over 6months ago and have had no problems. My car is highly modified and tuned and see's the track quite often.
    NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

yeah ....its ok for DC5...but not for DC2 tho....
      Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
      1)ブレーキを踏む
      2)クラッチを切る
      3)シフトダウンしなから、
        アクセルをぶかす
      4)クラッチをつなぐ
      :blah:
      インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
      人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

y not

Comment

yeah im curious aswell... why isn't it ok for the dc2 O.o
          sif it's a girls car
          sigpic

Comment

apparently our engines are not design to have the 100 ron...and with all those fuel emission stuff....to make it simple...to use on B series it won't make any difference on performance, where as on K series it'll boost performance coz the Ks were design for those fuel type...apparently as i was told

Comment

Fuel Injected Engines

The use of ethanol blended petrol in fuel injection systems will result in early deterioration of components such as injector seals, delivery pipes, and fuel pump and regulator.

Mechanical fuel injection systems and earlier electronic systems may not be able to fully compensate for the lean-out effect of ethanol blended petrol, resulting in hesitation or flat-spots during acceleration.

Difficulty in starting and engine hesitation after cold start can also result.

Exhaust And Evaporative Emission Levels

Lean-out resulting from the oxygenating effect of ethanol in the fuel may affect exhaust emissions.

Of more concern is that fuel containing ethanol can increase permeation emissions from fuel system components. Therefore the increased vapour pressure of fuel with ethanol (if the base fuel is not chemically adjusted at the refining stage) will lead to increased evaporative emissions.

and the model of Honda which can use this fuel are as follows...
              Honda
              Insight - 2004 onwards; Civic range (including Civic Hybrid) - 2004 onwards; S2000 - 2004 onwards; CRV - 2003 onwards; MD-X - 2003 onwards; Accord & Accord Euro - 2003 onwards; Integra – 2002 onwards; Odyssey – 2004 onwards; Jazz – 2004 onwards; Legend – 2006 onwards

its not about the octane contain in the fuel....its ethanol - which is a cleaner burning, renewable fuel component that helps to reduce Greenhouse gas emissions.....whether the fuel contain 98 ron or 100 ron....its still not usuable for DC2....as the fuel emmission system is not design to use fuel contain ethanol.....
              Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
              1)ブレーキを踏む
              2)クラッチを切る
              3)シフトダウンしなから、
                アクセルをぶかす
              4)クラッチをつなぐ
              :blah:
              インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
              人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Ive used the V power in my DC2R and haven;t noticed any flat spots or anything like that.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by justinfox
                You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

i found no difference in power or extra kms by using v power racing...so i'll just go back to normal vpower

Comment

in most cases, the difference will only materialise if you re-tune your computer...
                    ... retired/

Comment

So V-Power Racing is "genuine" 100 octane?
                      Or 98 octane + ethanol
                      For Sale:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...9488#post19488

Comment

Originally posted by spoondc2r View Post
                        Or 98 octane + ethanol
                        All petrol contains ethanol, in some cases up to 10%

it is 100 octane but they also clearly state that the fuel contains 5% ethanol.

The name "octane" comes from the following fact: When you take crude oil and "crack" it in a refinery, you end up getting hydrocarbon chains of different lengths. These different chain lengths can then be separated from each other and blended to form different fuels. For example, you may have heard of methane, propane and butane. All three of them are hydrocarbons. Methane has just a single carbon atom. Propane has three carbon atoms chained together. Butane has four carbon atoms chained together. Pentane has five, hexane has six, heptane has seven and octane has eight carbons chained together.

The octane rating of gasoline tells you how much the fuel can be compressed before it spontaneously ignites. When gas ignites by compression rather than because of the spark from the spark plug, it causes knocking in the engine. Knocking can damage an engine, so it is not something you want to have happening. Lower-octane gas (like "regular" 87-octane gasoline) can handle the least amount of compression before igniting.

The compression ratio of your engine determines the octane rating of the gas you must use in the car. One way to increase the horsepower of an engine of a given displacement is to increase its compression ratio. So a "high-performance engine" has a higher compression ratio and requires higher-octane fuel. The advantage of a high compression ratio is that it gives your engine a higher horsepower rating for a given engine weight -- that is what makes the engine "high performance." The disadvantage is that the gasoline for your engine costs more.

Little Chemistry lesson for you all
                        NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

Originally posted by spoondc2r View Post
                          Or 98 octane + ethanol
                          98 octane = Shell V-Power = NO added ETHANOL
                          100 octane = Shell V-Power Racing = 5% ethanol

(ethanol is not what makes it 100 octane though - i.e. you and i cant just add ethanol to our fuel to increase the octane, it is much more complicated like Tony has described above!)

http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?...uels_0715.html
                          Last edited by tinkerbell; 24-12-06, 08:27 AM.
                          ... retired/

Comment

its fine in my car
                            im using vpower or v racing i fine it much better then ultimate

Comment

You wont notice the difference unless you tune your car for the octane level. So no point putting 100 octane in a normal driving car. No performance increase at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X