Wanting to build K20/K24 frank. Needing advice/tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanting to build K20/K24 frank. Needing advice/tips

Hey guys decided to go all out wid my teg which means a frank build. Pretty much know most things i gotta get but any advice / tips maybe even a method would be really appreciated

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

how far did you want to go with it? whats the main use for the build and how much do you have to spend?
    Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
    http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Looking at 5 grand but i need to get a full ecu

Comment

Originally posted by JUST VTEC View Post
        Looking at 5 grand but i need to get a full ecu

tips?

1. google is your friend
        2. 5 grand is not enough
        3. you need to provide WAY more info (like cartoon has said)
        4. turn off that gay "Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2" signature
        ... retired/

Comment

All out frank build? how much power DO YOU want?

Street driven?
          BYP Racing & Developments
          Built. Tuned. Driven
          Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Just a normal build like i said looking around 5 or 6 grand . Looking nice power eithout spending more thsn the cars worty

Comment

Man it's so easy to spend more then the cars worth! In Australia modding is as expensive as fkk! Providing you use the head off the engine u have I think 6 might be just enough money but if u Gona spend that much u might aswell spend abit more and do it properly or you will not get the gains u want! Although if u already have exhaust,headers, cai ect.. And ur not planning on doing anymore work to the head u should be fine with 6

Comment

Are you looking to spend 5-6k solely on the engine itself, or does your 5-6k budget for all of the work involved, including the building of the motor, ECU and labour?
                Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Remember its not all about the motor. Depending on your over all application for the car the motor may be the last place you should be looking to spend money.

and for 5-6k you would get a nice set up on the k20
                  Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero

Comment

Yer iv got the I/Rh/E already .i need to get k pro aswell.so 5 to 6 k inc kpro I thought all really needed was build bottom end then build it with wat i have already ...hmmm more research for me

Comment

K pro ain't the cheapest and then you need a tune and such.

There is 1.5-2k taken out of your budget already.

teamGROUNDzero

Comment

Just Kpro and tune. See how it feels after before making bigger changes.
                        BYP Racing & Developments
                        Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                        STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Originally posted by JUST VTEC View Post
                          Yer iv got the I/Rh/E already .i need to get k pro aswell.so 5 to 6 k inc kpro I thought all really needed was build bottom end then build it with wat i have already ...hmmm more research for me

but your I/H/E was for a K20, only a 2 litre, now you want to add a 2.4 bottom end, isn't the I/H/E going to be restrictive?

going from k20 to k24 means everything you already have is under-optimised...
                          ... retired/

Comment

You have a Type S, so you'll have to spend around $1.2k - $1.5k for the K-Pro alone... $800 or so for a proper dyno tune on top of that, so there is $2k of your budget.

All up, I think I spent around the $5k mark for my K24 swap in the Integra... and I already had K-Pro, Toda headers and did all of the work with friends. Also the catback exhaust you have won't fit anymore, as the K24 is a taller motor, so the headers sit higher, and the exhaust hits the chassis.

What mods have you already planned to do to the car? Are you fitting the motor yourself? what supporting mods do you have at the moment? Would a K24 do the job? If so, you could sell your K20z1 to make up some costs.

By the sounds of it, you still have A LOT more research to do before you fit a K24/20 into your car.
                            Last edited by 45SET; 27-08-12, 10:49 AM.

Comment

K20 on a budget, a friend made this list for the Swedish Honda Performance club
                              I can a least give you his numbers, these are SEK turned into AUD

This was done in a EG6, but it's quite similar into a DC2

* 3896:-, K20a2 engine, gearbox, OEMecu (DC5R), harness, driveshafts
                              * 865:-, LSD for the gearbox with fitting
                              * 650:-, Hasport mounts
                              * 290:-, DC sports swap manifold, bolton på en K20 in a DC.
                              * 50:-, Accord -91 shifter with wires (not recommended, but it works)
                              * 0:-, modified oem fuelrail
                              * 0:-, D16 FPR with a custom adapter
                              * 0:-, radioatormounts, moved the orignal and welded them into place
                              (* 115:-, Walbro fuelpump, not needed if you are running a standard K20)
                              * 290:-, B16 outer CVjoints, 2st, (you should have your B18 onces on your car )
                              * 6:-, clutchhardline, length ca 390mm. Homemade
                              * 28:-, lower coolinghose, 8mm & 6mm fuellines and 19/21mm hoses for the heater.
                              * 40:-, Ghettor CAI, 3" exhaust 60 degrees bend from your local mufflershop. And a used airfilter
                              * 60:-, Homemade Hybridswap harness, Relays, cables, solder, tubing and what not.
                              * 6:-, Coolingfan sensor and Temp-sensor, from your local junkyard with the plugs
                              * 20:-, 2L Honda MTF3-oil
                              * 40:-, 5L cheap 5w-40 Motorolja
                              * 19:-, Honda orginal PCX Oilfilter

After a while i got some money to buy a KPRO (1442 AUD) but you can use an OEM ECU if you want to. There is one more thing that you need you buy when using a OEM box is a 02sim and thats 72 AUD

The sum-cheap: ~5465 AUD

The sum- Cheap but fun(with Kpro, Walbro och LSD: ~7818 AUD

Now don't take my word for the exact prices, as i live in Sweden you can probably find the parts cheaper

EDIT: i really need to get this into my head, you guys have the DC5....! Sorry about that
                              Last edited by raseri; 19-09-12, 06:55 AM.
                              Team SunWorks

Tracktoy: Honda Integra Type R '99
                              Summer toy: Honda S2000 AP1 '01
                              Daily: Audi A6 2.0 TDi Quattro S-line '18

Comment

Working...
                              X