DC5 brembos on DC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 brembos on DC2

Hey guys, i just wanted to post a thread about this converstion, it seems alot of people have different setups but i havent seen a jdm dc5 brembo on a 5 lug dc2. I have tried to test fit and at the moment the only problem is the rotor size and offset to align correctly with the calipers. I want to confirm to everyone that the brembo calipers bolts straight on to the dc2 bracket and the only thing to match up is the correct 300mm rotors. Wheels to clear im running 16x8 ce28ns which requires a 5mm spacers. I tried s2000 300mm rotors and it didnt fit so now to do more trial fitting. Hope this helps a bit (i know not much) in questions about this conversion.
    W.P 1.12

Easiest way is to get it fitting is to get a 2 piece dba rotor. You will need 300mm rotors then will need to measure and figure out what offset hat the rotor needs. Then you will need custom lines, bolts to bolt it to original bracket cause most likely different thread (jdm dc5 and audm dc5 different thread).
    S2000
    WSID : TBA
    Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
    Smooth As Detailing
    Incar Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
      Easiest way is to get it fitting is to get a 2 piece dba rotor. You will need 300mm rotors then will need to measure and figure out what offset hat the rotor needs. Then you will need custom lines, bolts to bolt it to original bracket cause most likely different thread (jdm dc5 and audm dc5 different thread).
      i didnt try the lines yet but my fn2 lines was a direct bolt on. And yea, i will need to figure out the offset it needs, all in all it doesnt seem that much of a hassle like changing entire knuckles etc...lol
      W.P 1.12

Comment

Personlly go the spoon Or NSX calipers
        sigpic
        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

some guys i know at a motorsport workshop actually told me that these brembos are top of the line in terms of quality and durability, some aluminium ones are light but are prone to warping (he told me willwood calipers) and with the expansion of metal due to heat can also make the bleeder become stuck inside if it is broken (some are easily broken like one of my mate's spoon calipers) and therefore unable to fix at all..although im sure spoon calipers are top quality. i had these brembos lying around so i thought might as well try fit them..lol
          W.P 1.12

Comment

I used the rotors from a EUDM ATR 300mm with my spoon monoblocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Team SunWorks

Tracktoy: Honda Integra Type R '99
            Summer toy: Honda S2000 AP1 '01
            Daily: Audi A6 2.0 TDi Quattro S-line '18

Comment

i use CL1 project MU disc (300mm)on my DC2R with spoon monoblocks
              brfore i try DC5R disc (300mm), but inside disc offset wont fit on DC2R hub,but CL1 disc will stright fit,and i use have CE28N 16x7 +42 no need spacer fit brake

Comment

Originally posted by raseri View Post
                I used the rotors from a EUDM ATR 300mm with my spoon monoblocks!
                Originally posted by waiwong38 View Post
                i use CL1 project MU disc (300mm)on my DC2R with spoon monoblocks
                brfore i try DC5R disc (300mm), but inside disc offset wont fit on DC2R hub,but CL1 disc will stright fit,and i use have CE28N 16x7 +42 no need spacer fit brake
                Good information!
                ClubITR | Like

Comment

i heard spoon calipers are easy to clear compared to these brembos as these calipers are larger..when i bolted the caliper onto the knuckle i needed a 5mm spacer to clear them with my 16x8 +42 ce28ns..
                  W.P 1.12

Comment

Working...
                  X