No announcement yet.

2 litre sport sedans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL sports sedans is alot more hardcore then dc2rs.

Its not a definition of dc2r anymore, it will be so far removed from dc2r the only thing it shares in common would most likely be the round headlights.

Basically the starter of this thread is wishing to make and manufacture a car.

Comment

actually its only the door frames that need to remain as dc2r, but essentially you're right Jingers

Comment

I've spoken to a few of the guys who campaign in the series, apparently, the engine may be moved, but ive written a letter to the association to get confirmation on this.

At this stage the cost looks to be getting abit silly, so Im starting to do abit of reading on improved production. Apparently improved production costs are alot lower and we can inherent alot of our performance from the actual "production model".

ImprovCTR, the engine choice as you stated is correct, I have confirmation that I am not limited to the production engines, so in that case a mugen v10 might be a better alternative! now, anyone want to lend me 25,000 for the engine?

Comment

more that I want the rwd and balance of a midship
          Then you might be better off with a different car. Honestly.
          happyhong says:
          aus only have 3 r
          happyhong says:
          civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

if it's in your budget to do sport sedans, go for it! ignore ppl who say choose a different car, they wouldn't know what they are on about in the first place. it's anti-sports sedan and defeats the purpose of the freedom allowed in the category.

but if it's not in your budget, then improved production might be a good alternative.

although generally pushed as a cheaper category to race in, you need a good sized budget to get your car in the pointy end of the field (as with any category really). as a benchmark, the top handful of cars in the under 2 litre class will do sub 69's at wp. good thing is, ipra is fairly free with engine mods, only 2nd to sports sedans

hop over to the ipra forum www.techmasters.com.au/forum and ask around! it's fairly active and has no nonsense crap if you want to talk racing.

Comment

yeah i think i might move along to ipra, with comments like fueltanks & Suzuka-R's, might as well just buy a fast car

If i wanted a fast car and just buy it, or do the easiest, simplest things, i could. Id just buy a race only nsx that I could easily import from one of the teams that run in the japanese equivelant of sports sedans. Whats the point of that? Isnt the whole point of this forum about modifying the itr?

Actually heck I could buy one of the cars campaigning in the categories locally.

thanks for your actual input tinker and improvctr

Comment

How about leaving the engine at the front and turning it into an AWD?

Comment

just buying a fast car i guess the focus would be on being able to drive it fast and win...

Comment

that is the thing, I dont want to just buy a fast car, feels like I have achieved nothing. Building one will give me much more satisfaction. Learning in something that I've built would be even more so.

Comment

But there aren't really any "off-the-shelf" fast cars, are there? Its not as simple as just "importing a race NSX".

I dont do any form of competition, but my understanding is you are still up for a tonne of development work even if your car works properly. Achieving the right settings and balance for each track you visit is a job that is never fully completed. Does what I'm saying make sense based on what you've experienced so far?

Comment

i reckon buying a already built ("of the shelf") IPRA RX7 for example, would land you with a great *race vehicle* for cheap...

but if you want to do it Honda style, then it is going to cost you all of the development that Andy is referring to...
                        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by ImprovCTR View Post
                          hop over to the ipra forum www.techmasters.com.au/forum and ask around!
                          clearly the key!

thanks 4 the link
                          ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                          X