Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*URGENT* Snapped a bolt. Help needed.

Hi guys,

While removing my spark plug cover this evening, I managed to snap a bolt - I'm guessing the last owner/mechanic or whoever might have over-torqued it. Anyhow, the bolt I'm talking about is the lower bolt that holds the spark plug down and the cover on. (See pictures)

Does anyone know the part number for the snapped bolt? Or anyone in vic that has one of these I can run down and buy? (Western Suburbs)

Is it safe to run my car without the plug bolted down and the spark plug cover off?

Engine is a K20Z1

Piccies:

Broken bolt.

Where it came from

It's non-broken counterpart.

FML.

you can just use a normal bolt to hold the coil on until you get a new one...

you dont need the spark plug cover on to drive...

the part you need is listed here:

http://www.oemacuraparts.com/find-pa...20HEAD%20COVER

90013-PNC-010
    ... retired/

Comment

Would there be any issues in the regular bolt was too long? That's the only thing I was worried about, internals or something hitting it if it were too long.
      Would you know if these bolts on other hondas are a direct swap? Like if I were to get something from a wrecked civic or euro from a wrecker?

Thanks heaps!

Comment

no, if the regular bolt was too long, it wouldn't screw in the whole way...

if you drive without the coil bolted down the worst thing that can happen will be a mis-fire and rough running...

i'd say all K series share that bolt.
        ... retired/

Comment

Sweet off to the wrecker/dealer at some point. Thanks tinks.

Comment

Working...
          X