DIY: DC5 headunit & speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CK1 View Post
    just a quick questin... the headunit ive got doesnt come with the "illumination" lead..... i cant seem to get the thing working... everything else seems to be connected correctly.... any suggestions?? the model is CQ-C9800N
    tape off the illumination lead if its not in use. if the headunit doesnt power up at all, check your fuses. you may have blown one during installation. if all else fails, pull it apart and use an automotive test light or multimeter to check your cables.

Originally posted by CL9R View Post
    I want to install the 6.5" in the rear as well, but i have no idea how to mount it to fit the position, can u post a pic about it? thx
    i took the OEM speakers out, then pulled off the rear panel next to the seats that hold the speaker in place, then dropped the new speaker behind the panel and into the hole, pushed the panel back into place and put the screws through. you will have to be very careful so that you dont tear up your speakers as you drop them down and find a way of holding it up while you fix screws to it without damaging it. no pics because i really dont want to pull it apart.
    Last edited by MrThanh; 25-02-07, 04:35 PM.
    T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Originally posted by MrThanh View Post
      tape off the illumination lead if its not in use. if the headunit doesnt power up at all, check your fuses. you may have blown one during installation. if all else fails, pull it apart and use an automotive test light or multimeter to check your cables.

i took the OEM speakers out, then pulled off the rear panel next to the seats that hold the speaker in place, then dropped the new speaker behind the panel and into the hole, pushed the panel back into place and put the screws through. you will have to be very careful so that you dont tear up your speakers as you drop them down and find a way of holding it up while you fix screws to it without damaging it. no pics because i really dont want to pull it apart.
      kk.. thanx for that... do u know which number or the location of the fuse for the audio/headunit is?? thanx...

Comment

if you take off the fuse panel cover under the steering wheel, there's a diagram on the back of it. it should also be in your owners manual as well.
        T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Fuse #8, 7.5A

T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

thanks heaps!! got it working!! but i dont know shit about headunits and it only has a rating of 70W.... haha, the quality is acutally worse then OEM IMO.. gotta learn how to adjust the equalizer properly la... lol

Comment

Originally posted by CK1 View Post
              thanks heaps!! got it working!! but i dont know shit about headunits and it only has a rating of 70W.... haha, the quality is acutally worse then OEM IMO.. gotta learn how to adjust the equalizer properly la... lol
              good to hear how did you manage to get it to work?what was wrong with it before?
              T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

we blew a fuse... it was the one that u pointed out, changed it and everything came together the model i got was panasonic CQ-C9800N.. i cant seem to find too much about this headunit on the internet... just wanted to know exactly how old it is..... and wat other ppl how have used it thought about it... and whether or not its available in the aus market.... lol...

Comment

I blew a fuse too when I installed mine...hahaha and I kept blowing too because I didn't connect the ground wire up properly

Comment

hard to find panasonic products in aus, use to have htem everywhere a few yrs ago, they tend to heat up alot after playing for a little while, i use to have one but not that model. this model i think it came out mid 2006
                    Last edited by noodleman; 26-02-07, 07:34 AM.

z10 says:
                    i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                    z10 says:
                    mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

thanks for this excellent guide

Comment

i bought mb quart dkg 116 for my rears. They are 6.5 component speakers but have the tweeter mounted in the middle of the woofer and crossfader built into the speaker so installation wise you would consider it a coaxial speaker.

I have a problem. I realised that this speaker does not fit in the factory location as it is an "oversized" 6.5 speaker. Even if I had this speaker professionally installed, would it be possible at all for it to be mounted without having cut away at the factory plastic?

I realised spacers arent possible at all because then the speaker hits the grill.
                        eckoflyte

Comment

How come I can't see the pictures? is it only me?

Comment

yeah me too

Comment

neither :|
                              1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                              1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                              2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                              F1 Nut

Comment

Thanks for the DIY.

Will be of great help when I get stuck into mine soon

Comment

Working...
                                X