Electrics playing up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrics playing up?

Sorry for double threading, the technical section rules said nothing about it :P

Anyhow!
    Car in question: EP3R

Issue:
    The last two times I've driven, whilst just cruising around town, the car has basically decided to automatically go into "key not inserted" mode.
    So headlights and brakes still work like the car is off, but yeah, car pretty much turned itself off while I was driving, so couldn't say, indicate to pull over. Throttle doesn't work and neither does the EPS.
    Problem is easily sorted by stopping, taking key out, turning it back in. Voila.

I have an aftermarket Autowatch alarm and immobiliser that self-arms (cuts off electrical and fuel systems) after I think 45 seconds, or something-a-rather.

Just wondering if anyone has an idea of what the problem could be?
    Is it a fuse issue? or is it the immobiliser trolling around?
    Last edited by aRze; 18-06-12, 11:07 PM.

Not a fuse as it wouldnt work to start with.

Could be the after market alarm. Id start by removing its fuses."normally wired inline before the module" And turn the siren off if it has battery back up with the small key.
    Or
    The chip reader or chip in the key maybe stuffed and while driving it stops reading the chip. For this id take it to honda!
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Drove to uni and back today with no issues =\

I'll have a look if it happens again.
      Trippyyyyyyyyy

Thanks Karl =]

Comment

Working...
      X