Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coilovers uneven height problem

hi guys, atm im running buddyclub N+

At my rears, they are a pain in the ass to adjust height. i wont be able to adjust them anytime soon but just wondering what are the problems that could occur with one rear height being higher than the other? (15mm) =S

not installed correctly!
    Seized shock
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      not installed correctly!
      Seized shock
      What ??

Theres no problem with driving with one higher than the other, only thing I could think of is 1 coilover would have more pressure on it than the other which over a long period of time would wear out quicker than other?

its not that big of a job dude would take you tops 15mins to adjust one.
      S2000
      WSID : TBA
      Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
      Smooth As Detailing
      Incar Racing

Comment

rear N+ has to be taken out to be adjjusted.
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

balance and alignment of the car will out.

basicly it wil just drive poorly untill its fixed.
          other then that its fine really
          Tyrepower North Melbourne
          Christopher Lai | Owner - Operator
          0433 33 90 38 | 03 9329 7333

PM/SMS for a quote | Tyres / Wheels / Alignment

212 Abbotsford St, North Melbourne

--------------------------------
          Honda DC2 | Nissan S15 | BMW Z4M | Honda DC5

Comment

Just to let you know. The chasis of the DC5 has imperfections and even with my car, there height of the coilovers were measured percisely before being put on the car, however the height of the chasis clearly showed there was a different in height from the ground. Just make sure when you that you remeasure the height from the ground to chasis, and not leave it at coilover distance alone.

Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
              Just to let you know. The chasis of the DC5 has imperfections and even with my car, there height of the coilovers were measured percisely before being put on the car, however the height of the chasis clearly showed there was a different in height from the ground. Just make sure when you that you remeasure the height from the ground to chasis, and not leave it at coilover distance alone.

Norm
              i see, ive measured the coilover and both are da same. didnt know it can cause a 15mm difference from the guard to the ground =/

Comment

Norm
                This doesnt sound right.. What do you do then with new springs and shocks "no way of adjustment"??
                Sounds like cheap coilover's..

Either they werent installed right.
                Or somthings up
                sigpic
                128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                  rear N+ has to be taken out to be adjjusted.
                  This is not true.

I have adjusted my coilover height numerous of times with coilovers still fully installed in car. Car jacked up with wheels off.
                  S2000
                  WSID : TBA
                  Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                  Smooth As Detailing
                  Incar Racing

Comment

Norm
                    This is how my EP3 is. First lowered the car by counting the threads and then noticed it was noticeably lower on one side. Have since adjusted.

Edit: This was rears only. Fronts are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
                      This is not true.

I have adjusted my coilover height numerous of times with coilovers still fully installed in car. Car jacked up with wheels off.
                      if u have buddyclub n+ 's installed on ur rear dc5. its a pain in the ass adjusting height. the collar is located inside where the spring sits. its not the same like other coilovers where there are 3 collars located underneath the spring.

this is how it looks like when adjusting without spring for rear
                      Last edited by teggy; 06-06-12, 10:45 PM.

Comment

uneven camber, uneven tyre wear, worse fuel economy, worse ride, decreased cornering performance, less grip
                        Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

Originally posted by teggy View Post
                          i see, ive measured the coilover and both are da same. didnt know it can cause a 15mm difference from the guard to the ground =/
                          this goes on at the front of my car, i'm running n+ as well, and there is about 10mm difference in coilover hight, but ride hight, measured to gaurd is spot on
                          02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

I would not be surprised if the springs were different lengths and/or rates.

Comment

Working...
                            X